Re: Poor Reception and Signal
Casinbean

Well folks, it looks like I've reached the end of the road. 

I received my replacement phone in the mail today, which is a "certified like new" device, and I'm sorry to report that the recpetion is equally, if not more awful than my last Inc2. It's almost as if Verizon is playing a sick game with me. Quite honestly I'm infuriated with the treatment I have received. I will be returning this device for the third and final time. If they don't allow me to get into a phone that actually works as it is intended to work, I'm headed for the door.

0 Likes
shelleyb2

Hi Casinbean,

According to Mike, he sent Verizon lots of product issue forms to tell them about thiese problems. So I think I'll wait until I hear if there's any solution, otherwise I will return my phone and maybe go elsewhere.

0 Likes
so8sk

Different day, same story.  

Verizon keeps telling us they are working on the problem, and to wait.  They ask us to do this or that, and we do it, and we report our findings... and still we are told to wait with no response to the issue.  The reality is, in my opinion, they are doing nothing to bring this matter to a resolution.  Continuing to wait isn't going to help anything.  I have waited since JUNE 8 for an appropriate response from Verizon that never arrived.  It is now August, and Verizon still has not appropriately addressed this issue.  You can continue to wait, but I'm afraid that wait will be indefinite.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee
Good day, Community I know how frustrating it is to not be able to receive calls with your phone. Just a quick update. We have reported your findings/experiences to HTC in regards to the signal strength. missed calls. They did receive a couple of returned devices in order for them to try to duplicate what many of you are dealing with. Please check what the signal strength is when you are experiencing the signal issues, Settings> about phone> network. The antenna is built on the battery door cover. Even if there is a slight discontinuity between the battery door and the phone, then it is possible that it will affect the signal.
0 Likes
Poor signal reception & droid market not loading.
g13sweets

Hardly any signal reception, unable to calls, droid market will not load at all.

0 Likes
Re: Poor signal reception & droid market not loading.
Jon_Doh
Contributor - Level 1

It stays between 92 and 105 db and I'm a mile (or less) away from the tower.

0 Likes
MarkieDaCouch

Have you taken the back cover of recently or changed the back cover out?  Because the battery cover is the antena and if the lead inside are bent or misaligned or not there do to a non oem replacment = very poor reception.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
I just revived the incredible2 as a replacement for my fascinate that was truly awful in almost every way. I live in the Denver metro area and the reception on the incredible is outstanding. I'm using the extended battery and cover and the signal strength is rock solid and full bars most all the time. My incredible came with android 2.3.3 installed and everything works flawlessly. Best of luck to those who are having problems. This device kills the fascinate hands down. Thank you Verizon for making things right for us who got duped into the galaxy S trap.
0 Likes
divine1962

:smileymad:I also have the same problem with my droid inc 2!!!!  Love the phone but really would be nice to be able to use it!!!  Poor Poor signal, dropped calls and people have a very hard time hearing without being garbled.  Hope HTC or Verizon will figure out a fix or replace these phones!!!  Seems like a lot of people with the same problem!! :smileymad:

0 Likes
divine1962

Sounds like alot of Droid Inc 2 users with all the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love this phone!!! But said when your old clamshell phone had better reception then this phone.  Hope HTC or Verizon is looking into this problem.  There is something wrong with this phone!!!

0 Likes