Re: Poor Reception and Signal
RBP2003

Have done the *288 upgrade and still have -105db and poor reception.  BlackBerry8850 never had this problem in this location

0 Likes
TheMiller

I had the same problem with the first droid incredible and the customer service was horrible, they told me it was a software problem, I guess they never fixed the problem. I switched to the droid X and have never had a problem, so maybe you and see if they will let you switch to another phone..

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
I find it sad that so many are having problems with this phone. I was having the same problem with my fascinate but now with the inc2 reception is perfect! I drive a commercial truck for a living and travel all over the Denver metro area every day with never losing single or dropping calls. Better then any of the other Verizon phones we have in the house. What Android version are you running? Mine cameo from Verizon with 2.3.3 and its flawless! One of the best phones I've owned, and I've owned more then a few. HTC HD2 with T-Mobile, Samsung fascinate with Verizon, Droid X on Verizon, and the nexu S with AT@T. The only thing I wish this phone had was the super amoled screen, it would be perfect then!
0 Likes
MaloneWI

So whatever happened to all of these reported problems and Verizon offering to look into them for us?  I never heard of any posted resolution or official response to the signal issue of which I still have might I add.

It is almost like the fascinate issues all over again and I wish I had not gone with this phone at this point.  So any word on how to correct the signal issues Verizon?

0 Likes
losvaldez55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've waited almost 2 months since I posted about this problem and have yet to hear an answer.  It continues to be a constant annoyance and headache to make/receive calls or use data services withought wifi.  Even more frustrating is the constant posts about *228 and network extenders as a solution to this problem.  

0 Likes
zlee067

I still have data connectivity issues, the data service is constantly cutting in and out and barely any service to stream any music and stuff.  I have to use wifi most of the time get decent data service to listen to pandora which defeats have a smartphone with mobile data service.  Rule the air, more like just hot air!  I would have thought NYC would have great data service and connectivitiy. 

Regertting getting this phone nowadays, should have stuck with the fascinate simce I had better data service until the ota that killed it completely but supposedly it has been resolved.  Wonder whether this will be the same problem with 4g lte.   

0 Likes
shelleyb2

I have been waiting and wondering, too. I think Verizon and HTC can just wait it out because they keep coming out with new and improved phones and don't care about the previous models. Just my feelings.

And on top of that, now my emails have stopped coming into the DI2 for the third time! Sigh.

0 Likes
Andyl

Could the poor signal issue folks are complaining about be a software thing rather than hardware? I wonder.  Because there have been a few times that my Incredible 2 had 0 bars while sitting next to my wife's iPhone that had 3 bars and my Inc 2 had horrible 3G data speeds compared to the iPhone 4.  I rebooted my phone and suddenly I had 2 bars upon reboot and data speeds were comparible to the iPhone. 

I've run data speed tests numerous times, side by side with the iPhone 4 (both on 3G) and typically the Inc 2 provides faster up/down speeds, even in my basement with marginal signal on both.  But sometimes the Inc 2 just seems to die, which is usually resolved for me with a reboot. 

On the flipside, my Inc 2 has done better at times than the iPhone 4.  For example we were driving on a highway in a rural area between the PA and NY border.  My Inc 2 was streaming from Netflix fine, while my son's iPhone 4 was having issues that carried on for about 20 mins.  Another time we were in an area with little to no cell service and we could not complete a call with the iPhone 4, but could with the Inc 2.

So it's because of these indications that something with the Inc2's software might be an issue? Perhaps it' doesn't change to the strongest channel as readily as the iPhone? I don't know... just guessing.

FYI... I'm running 2.3.3 and have my roaming db updated.

Thoughts from others?

0 Likes
zlee067

It could be a software issue, I noticed that I have to reboot my phone everyday otherwise it starts to freeze up on me.  Feel like I am using the blackberry storm again, daily reboots requred to use the phone.  lol  It seems help the data connection for a bit then gets all fussy again.  Kind of disappointed with this phone and verizon 3g services these days.  Hope it is only a software issue and they release an update soon to resolve it but I am not holding my breather.  Dont think the phone has enough demand (compared to thunderbolt) for HTC to resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
dallyack

I have the same problem. Has there been a solution as yet????

0 Likes