Post OTA 5.5.893 battery issue
jpvybes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prior to the 5.5.893 update this phone actually had very decent battery life. Post update this phone now has horrible life. I've noticed that under the battery usage that Andriod OS is registering close to 50% of the battery usage. I've spoken to both Verizon and Motorola about this issue. Verizon sent a new battery but same issue. I know this isn't a hardware issue. Anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: Post OTA 5.5.893 battery issue
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may have an app problem - something that is continually running in the background.  My Android OS is showing 15% usage.  I'm not sure that means anything though.  Battery life DOES seem somewhat worse after the update.  I've read about post update battery issues on other forums too.  Everything else seems somewhat better.

I will say that I had a lag issue caused by one or more apps that I had recently installed.  When the update didn't fix that problem, I did a factory reset and reinstalled the apps I wanted.  That fixed my lag issue.

0 Likes
rustyfenders

Yes. I have the extended battery and the life totally sucks after the update.

0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3
I agree.... my battery also runs down much faster. I have a system panel app the records CPU history usage over hours, days, or week. Nothing is running nearly as much as the os and system tasks. I haven't installed any new apps since the update. So that would lead me to believe the update is the culprit.

Also pre and post update I can't toggle my Bluetooth on from the dialer during a call. I have to minimize The dialer window and use the toggle widget on my homesceen to turn it on.
0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm....My battery usage profile also now shows Android OS as the biggest user, however, my total battery usage has not gone up.

If anything, battery life has improved...but it's hard to say for sure because no two days are exactly the same.

That being said, battery life seems fine, despite the high usage by "Android OS".

0 Likes
jpvybes
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have a case open with Motorola tier 3 support so awaiting the phone call. I'll bring this up as well as the data drops I'm still having. Everyone has to start calling Motorola and Verizon if experiencing the same issues. Tried the factory reset too and installing minimal apps but same deal.
0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Im probably the oddball here.. my battery life is great after update.
0 Likes
Albo

I had the same issue after the system update.

Tried changing some of the battery settings..no help.

Called Verizon...will send out  a new phone.  I will see how this works with the replacement phone.

If not, next step will be to change to a different phone....no charge...

Good luck all....

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

As I said a couple of days ago, I've had these same battery-usage statistics -- with Android OS at ~50% (but still had good battery life overall, no worse than before the update.)

Last night I turned the phone off overnight (I hadn't turned it off in several days).  Well, since I turned the phone on this morning the usage statistics are very different...even though I didn't use it any differently.

Seems like something changed by turning it off for several hours.

0 Likes
jpvybes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started out on the Thunderbolt and what a piece of garbage that was. After a replacement or two I got them to give me a Bionic and it was great until this update. Let me know how the replacement goes, I may be soon to follow that route again.

0 Likes