Re: Post OTA 5.5.893 battery issue
Yaterml

Yesterday, I took my phone off the charger at 100% when I got to the gym at 6:30pm and it was dead even before 8:30pm I mean powered itself off dead.

0 Likes
h20skiracer

I've also had HORRIBLE battery life since the last update. IT wasn't great before (and I'm a VERY light user), nad now it dies within 5 hours! With me not using it! Also, sometimes when I plug my phone in to charge it (with the cord and charger that came with the phone) the battery goes to above 105*F and doesn't gain any charge!!!

0 Likes
SaddleTramp

The problem is in the batterystats.bin (system file). It is loaded with bad information from the old system files. It should work itself out over time, charge and power cycles. Swithching between extended and stadard battery may also create problems with this file.

The OTA updates should include a script to delete the system file, but they don't. I guess Vzw/Moto didn't figure it's worth the trouble. 

0 Likes
Yaterml

That be too easy. I have 2 regular life batteries, and because I have been using my battery changing dock so much its developed a contact issue, but according to the rep it only have a 14 warranty.

0 Likes
talondagger

I've been talking to Verizon about this problem since early December. I've tried all of their suggestions;

1. Turn off LTE (didn't help)

2. Do a factory reset (didn't help)

3. Reset the battery (full discharge/charge cycle) (didn't help)

4. They sold me an extended life battery for 50% off. (OS still drains the phone by the end of the day).

This week, they acknowledged a problem with the 5.5.893 update for the Bionic. The tech indicated that the problem is being worked on, but had no time-frame on when I would see the fix.

0 Likes