Pre-Order Help?
Greyshot26

After a long day of running errands, I am finally getting home and looking at all the hype about the Droid 2 since the pre-orders started. Originally, I was considering going to my local VZW store when it opened and ordering my D2 there. However, I am seeing that if you pre-order it on the website, you can have it tomorrow. However, is it too late, 8 EST, for me to pre-order it and have it tomorrow? I am in no hurry for it, but I'd prefer to get away from my enV2 ASAP. I'm also worried that my local store may sell-out and I'd be out of luck completely. Any opinions as to what my best option would be? Any help is very much appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Pre-Order Help?
ksbuchanan

Order it online, with next day delivery ($8.99).  It is probably too late today.  If you order it online, you get the "instant rebate" - which is another way of saying a $100 discount.  I've read somewhere that if you get the phone in the store, you get a $100 debit card...but don't take my word for it...call and ask VZW if you have concern about it.

As far a selling out...get it online, and you should receive it by Monday.  if you JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT...go to the store, but you'll have to wait for the $100 credit/card/check/whatever.

0 Likes
Greyshot26

Thank you for your opinion! I already had $300 set aside for the phone before the price was leaked because I wasn't sure if it'd be $200 or $250 or $300.  So I have enough money to buy it, and then just wait for the rebate. I think I'm going to try the store tomorrow and if I'm too late, I'll try the online site. 

0 Likes
kmay

If I ordered my Droid 2 today at 4:00 pm central time do you think I will receive it tomorrow?

0 Likes
immobile2
I ordered mine today as well (11:00 / AZ) & told, which I've know for the last 6 years, That if/when ordered before 4:30, (Their Local time), which is Fort Worth TX, it should be received in two days before 4:00, with a signature required. So I will receive it on Fri. Before 5:00. And not being 100 % sure if TX is Central vs Mountain time, that's the key. If in deed, TX is Central time & you ordered it @ 4:00, you'll get it Fri. Before 5:00 like me.
0 Likes
i2mmobile

I'm sorry. I mislead you on  the shipping info.

I'm sure you have it by now as I do. It used to be 2 working days and from TX, but as we found out, its literally overnight (providing its before 4:00).

So I apologize for the Wrong info.

0 Likes