Problem with Backup Assistant on Incredible 2
mthomps50

I am getting a message "Error - Unable to connect to the server" when trying to run Backup Assistant to backup my contacts. I did recently change my phone number - could this cause a problem? The phone itself shows the correct number in "About Phone" and I am able to logon to BA on the web - but sync between phone and BA does not work.

Troubleshooting steps I have tried (with no success):

1. Reboot phone

2. Reprogram phone via *228

3. "Cleared Data" in BA configuration

4. Turned off WIFI so only VW network used

5. Took out battery and the reinstalled

I have not yet tried the dreaded "Factory Reset" or "Force Stop" of BA.

I have seen other folks recommend syncing with my Google account. Trouble is, I don't see any contacts there either even though the sync from phone to Google appears to complete without any errors. Maybe I'm just being stubborn to expect BA to work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with Backup Assistant on Incredible 2
Wildman
Legend

Backup Assisantant does not play well with a number of smartphones.....  Google is more stable....

Try Importing all contacts to Google and then all you have to do is check the double entries and select delete..

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

All contacts on youir device should sync to Google af they are not in the BA backup...   Now I do say should because no software is perfect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Backup Assisantant does not play well with a number of smartphones.....  Google is more stable....

Try Importing all contacts to Google and then all you have to do is check the double entries and select delete..

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

All contacts on youir device should sync to Google af they are not in the BA backup...   Now I do say should because no software is perfect.

0 Likes
emarissa112

How do you import the contacts to google?  I'm having the same problem with backup assistant.

0 Likes