Problem with Email
Jaydeeishere55

I can't seem to get either one of my two email accounts to work, One is Yahoo and one is my college email thats run by the school through hotmail, every time i try i get a connection error and i cant figure out what it is thats causing it.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Email
MPhotox2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have a paid Yahoo mail account? I dont know if this is still the case, but it used to be that if you had a free Yahoo email account, you were only able to access it through the website.

You could try a different email application called K-9 mail and see if that works any better.

0 Likes
Jaydeeishere55

No its not paid but my father has a free yahoo account and he just got a droid x and it works fine on his, its kinda frustrating.. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
MPhotox2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only suggestion I have would be to try setting it up manually. Remove the account, then add it again but make sure the Automatic Setup box is unchecked. You will then have to manually enter the server and port information. I found this, its listed for "plus" but it may be helpful.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/mailplus/pop/pop-30.html

If you know the POP/SMTP server settings for your school one, you should be able to do it this way as well. If you still cant get it to work, you could setup your incoming emails to automatically forward to a GMail account.

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had trouble with my yahoo account in my Droid 1, on my new Droid 2 it wouldn't load or check emails and kept telling my in information could not be validated, or something like that. I downloaded K9 and it works great for yahoo etc. Downloads all the time and very fast. Yahoo also has a dedicated Android app and Yahoo Messenger too. Trying to load your mail through the dedicated Yahoo app may do that trick too. Good luck.

0 Likes