Problem with In-Car built in Bluetooth
Rombly303

I have a 2007 Infinity G35 and have been using my treo 755p as paired device and it has worked perfectly.  Yesterday, I bought my  Droid and tried to pair it to the car, and it worked just fine.  I then received a call and the person was very distorted and crackly and the person could not hear me at all.  After several more attempts, the problem persisted even on outgoing calls.  The audio is extremely distorted and crackly and my voice is completely inaudible to the recipient.  I have seen several other people complain about the exact same problem on other forums, so I know this is not unique to my situation.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I think there needs to be a firmware update to the bluetooth.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Problem with In-Car built in Bluetooth
jlm1228

I am also having the same problem with my 2007 G35. I am also seeing this same complaint popping up all over the internet. I sent an email to Verizon Wireless Customer Support and they said to take it up with Motorola or Google. I also went to my Infinity dealer and they have not gotten back to me. I hope someone takes ownership of this problem and comes up with a fix.

0 Likes
ilPadrino

This is a known problem - certain cars, some Nissans and Infinitis at least (I have a 07 G35) use a version of bluetooth not compatible with Droid. I have heard Motorola is developing a fix. Verizon has a list of incompatible cars. Some infinitis work, newer G35s included, but the slightly older ones have a different Bluetooth.

For now, there is a workaround. After connecting on a call, switch to the phone (as if leaving the car)  and quckly switch  back to the car (use the buttons on the car's screen to do it). It works. yes, annoying, but it does work.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

I have a Nissan and had the same problem - the dealer gave me a site to go to to see if my phone was compatible yet and it was not. 

I would expect that they'll have this compatible soon.

On the other hand the amazingness of the speaker on this is that I called someone and threw the phone on the seat next to me and they understood everything and I could hear them clearly... who needs bluetooth :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
shaz0341

I have a Nissan Altima 2009 as well and this problem is annoying the hell outta me.  I do the switch from manual and then back to handsfree but it is a nuisance.

0 Likes
imminence

Same problem here on my 2007 G35S.  I tried pairing the Droid to my friend's 2008 G35S and it worked perfectly.  Tried pairing his Droid to my car and experienced the same issue I have with my car/phone.

0 Likes