Problem with albums after Jelly Bean upgrade.
ginnypres
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently let my Droid Bionic upgrade itself to Jelly Bean. Overall, seems OK. After going through the previous upgrade, though, I wasn't surprised to see all the nice, neat albums I'd set up in my gallery disappear. What puzzles me now, though, I cannot figure out how to recreate my albums. I can't even figure out how to caption a photo!!! I stopped by the Verizon store, and everyone there at that time was useless on both questions. One lady pointed me to the files app. I played around in it, and saw something about albums, and it let me create one, but I couldn't ever figure out how to put pictures in it! She also suggested creating albums on-line then transferring them to the phone? It can't be that difficult, can it? (I thought about connecting to the computer and organizing my pics into files and transferring them back to the phone, but I did that process when I first got the phone, and the files on the computer did not translate to albums on the phone, so haven't tried that this time.) After the Jelly Bean upgrade, the phone actually put my pics in 3 albums - taken by the phone, downloaded from e-mail and transferred to the SD card from the computer. Until I figure out how to recreate my albums, my pics are a useless mess. Help?!?

0 Likes
Re: Problem with albums after Jelly Bean upgrade.
ginnypres
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is no one else having this problem - or have answers??? Verizon customer support / moderator - are you out there? Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here for you, ginnypres. Sometimes changes in the software can be a little tricky, since it's more of something changed by the manufacturer (Motorola) and the operating system (Google) than from Verizon Wireless. But I do believe I found you a few options.

Personally, I usually use the option of creating my albums on my computer while the phone is connected through the USB cable as you mentioned. Keep in mind for this to work, you'll need to actually create the albums on the SD card/phone directly, not create them on your computer then transfer them. When you plug your phone into the computer, slide the notification bar down and place the phone into Mass Storage Mode. This will let your phone act as a memory card reader and allow you to make changes without needing to transfer anything to/from your computer/phone.

If you'd prefer to make the change directly from the phone, here's the steps I've found to be helpful:
1. Open the Gallery app and touch the Camera Roll button.
2. Select a picture, press and hold on the picture and a menu will pop-up with "Add to album."
3. Press on it and "New album" will appear.
4. Tap on it and name the album. It will add it to you Gallery.
5. After the album is created, you can select multiple pictures by going to the pictures, press menu, press "Select Multiple," press menu again, press other, and it will let you add "Add to album," select album you want them put in.
6. To see the albums, go back to Gallery then My Library

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ginnypres
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been on line over the weekend. It appears I may have to try working albums through the computer. I haven't yet found the Camera Roll option in Jelly Bean. I do remember it previously. I also used to be able to press and hold a picture and get the "Add to album" option, but that doesn't seem to work with Jelly Bean on my (old) phone. I'll try the first option when I have a little more time. Thanks again.

0 Likes