Problem with iOS devices connected to Droid Charge Hotspot
JBelcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the FP1 firmware update my Droid Charge has terrible connection speeds with any Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch).  I've tested with all these and speeds are approx .5 Mbs down and 3+ up on 4G LTE.  Its seriously bizarre that up is so much faster than down.  The device was sent to the Samsung service center and was returned with the same problems.  All my android devices and windows devices are fine on hotspot. 

Anyone else seen issues like this?

0 Likes
Re: Problem with iOS devices connected to Droid Charge Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JBelcher!

Thanks for troubleshooting your device with Samsung regarding the hotspot and iOS devices. I see that you mentioned you have no problem with Android or Windows devices, and the only issue is with Apple devices.

Have you tried the hotspot in different areas with the iOS devices? Please do so and check the speeds in different areas.

Please also complete a master reset on the Charge and let us know how this works for you. Here's a link on the master reset. http://bit.ly/w21WpW

Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Problem with iOS devices connected to Droid Charge Hotspot
JBelcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina

Yep, I've tried various locations.  There is a 4g cell tower near by and speeds are terrific (10-12 mbs down).   However the iOS devices on hotspot still only receive .5 mbs down.   Very odd.   I received a replacement droid from VZW this week and it has the same behavior.   Before FP1 my hotspot used to rock on my iOS devices, but no more.  I'm left to think the FP1 update broke something, too bad I can't go back to the previous 2.3.6 EP4...

James

0 Likes