Problems with Music Players
micain

Both the standard mp3 player and the Amazon Cloud music player quit playing songs after a couple of minutes.  They haven't done this before.  Was anyone else had this problem?  If so, can it be fixed and how did it get fixed (if possible)?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Music Players
Not applicable

Micain, thank you for posting! I understand how irritating it can be to have your music suddenly stop. You mentioned this was something that has not happened before. Did this just happen one time in each player, one song or album? Does this occur each time you listen to music now? Do you get an error message? Please elaborate. 

0 Likes
micain

It occurs every time I try to listen to music with my phone.  I will say this as well, it only happens when the phone is not plugged into a power source.  I've checked the task management program and these programs are not in any auto-off list.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Does the song skip, or just stop playing completely? Check your running programs (Settings, Applications, Running Services) to see what else is running when this happens. Try clearing the cache from your Music player or the Cloud service (this won't delete any music, but may clear your playlists).

0 Likes
micain

It stops playing completely.  The cache was already cleared, so that didn't help.  It's like something is just turning it off once the screen times out, but it's not on the auto-end list in the task manager.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I reported this issue to our product team. I saw a few other people having this issue with the Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global. It seems like it may be an issue in the software causing the music to stop. Our product team is still investigating the issue looking for a fix. Another thing we can try, since this doesn't seem to affect every device is to replace the device thru warranty. I'll send you a PM.  

0 Likes