Problems with answering and making calls
daisydog121

I have owned a Droid 2 for almost a year now. I love it! But for the last few months I have had a problem with answering and making calls. Sometimes when I answer a phone call it connects like I have answered the call but I can't hear anything and the other person can't hear me. The call says I am connected and I can see the timer going but there is no communication. It does the same thing when I go to make calls sometimes. I can hit send and it connects the call but I can't hear anything. The timer is going and the other person answers but I can't hear anything. The only reason I know they answered is because they then call me back and leave a voicemail, sounding very confused. I have to restart my phone and then the problem is solved. But only for a little bit. I haven't been able to pick out a pattern or anything. It is random and very frustrating. I went into my local Verizon store about the issue and they arranged for me to receive a new, certified pre-owned phone because I pay insurance on my phone. I received the phone the next day and everything went great, for a few days. But this phone is also having the same problem. I am getting very frustrated with this because I need to be able to actually talk to people when they call me. Anyone else having the same problem? I want to go back to the store but I feel like they wouldn't do anything more than they did last time, which didn't solve the problem.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with answering and making calls
serenityashley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm just reposting what I put up on another forum regarding this, but yes!  I know exactly what you mean!  This is a HUGE problem for me right now, because I can't be without at least calling capabilities.

"I have experienced just about every problem I've seen reported anywhere about the Gingerbread update for months now.  They sent me a new device, but, of course, they all come updated already, so it resolved NOTHING.  I've hit the point now with my phone that every two to two and a half weeks now I've got to run the factory reset.  Yes, you read correctly--EVERY two and a half weeks, at best.

I've spoken to Verizon several times about the issue, and while customer service has walked me through what they can on the phone, they've not been able to provide a solid resolution, as obvious from above.  The past two or three times I've called I've gotten as far as it is an issue between the programmings on the phone, and that they're working to resolve it.

I'm going in today to see if I can't try to upgrade early.  I asked them earlier if I could, and they said that they couldn't at this time, because I wasn't eligible; however, this is getting unbelievably ridiculous.  While I can live without my data plan, I unfortunately can't go without a phone at this time, due to family emergencies and the like.

I'll let everyone know if I'm able to get anywhere with this or if I get any sort of new answers."

daisydog121

Yes please do let me know because I too am getting very annoyed with it. I can't get to a verizon store until later this week because of work so I'm looking for any answers I can get. I feel like no one is willing to help at this point.

0 Likes
kbs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my Droid 2 in May of last year and have had this problem ever since I got it.  I am currently using my 3rd factory refurbished phone of this model.  Verizon refuses to let me get a different phone.  I am very dissapointed and upset about this.  I call and spend 30-45 minutes on the phone with them, only to be told that they are "absolutely positive" that they have fixed the problem!  Of course, it isn't fixed.  Most of the time I cannot make or receive phone calls.  I can't even check my voicemail without restarting my phone! This is absolutely ridiculous.  I am furious with Verizon and am considering changing my service provider if they do not resolve this issue.  If anyone can get this problem resolved, I would love to know how!

hsdoll
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have the same issue sound like someone is whistling in my ear or it echos this is my forth one and they still send me our refurbished phones in the same model.  This phone is horrible and they really need to be replacing it or letting us get different one for free or reduced upgrades that don't affect the upgrade date that I have.

carendam

I'm having the same problem. My phone rings and I answer it and get nothing. I can't make calls either. Nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this issue???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carendam, let's figure out what's going on with your phone. Are you just receiving dead air when answering calls? Does this only happen in a specific area or all over? Please dial *228 option 2 and reboot your phone. Also try removing your battery for a few seconds. Try making a test call again. If this is still happening all over, it may be an issue with the phone. How long have you had this phone?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NSK1978

I have this same issue on a bi-daily basis: I can place a call, but then I hear nothing.  I can answer a call, but I then hear nothing.  The calls connect as the people I am in contact with will tell me they answered my calls and heard me, though I could not hear them - and vice versa.  Also, this phone does not like to place a call using the "call" option if dialing from "recent calls".  I turn this phone on/ off daily, I've taken the battery out on about 50% of the occassions when this issue has happened.  This has been a problem for me for approximately 1yr.  My early renew date is just shy of 2 months from now and I cannot wait to get rid of this phone.  Aside from having great difficulty making/ receiving calls, the phone is overall slow to respond to basic functions like text messaging or using the camera.  Also, most times while taking a picture, the camera will "take a picture" but then there is no image in the file.  Highly annoying - the only way to temporarily fix this is to reboot - but like the call issue, the problem recurs.  I do have a bunch of apps on installed on the phone, but since I also have an APP killer on the phone, nothing aside from "Weather Bug" app is ever really running in the background that would slow this phone.  BUT, right now my main concern is may safety: God forbid I am ever in danger or in an emergency situation, this phone's constant malfunctioning could possibly be the physical harm or death of me.  I hope that my family can sue the company that provides the software for this phone, Verizon & Motorola in the event of my untimely death.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you absolutely sure that App Killer isn't ending programs or processes it shouldn't?  In fact, you really should uninstall that app. It is doing more harm then good but forcing the phone to work harder to keep the most used programs and processes in the RAM the way it was designed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NSK1978

The app killer doesn't seem to cause the problem - I've had this problem with the phone since prior to installing it, thinking that having it would help things out, which it seems to do (by extending battery life and killing off apps that are slowing down the phone).  Of course, I would be more than happy to be rid of the app if there was another way to extend the battery life on the phone without needing to use it.  Unfortunately, the battery dies too quickly without it; 3+ charges a day required without the app - quite annoying, if you ask me.  And the phone is slower than molasses, even after apps are killed.  Honestly, if there was a better way, I'd love the suggestion(s) because I've had this phone for almost 2 yrs and have wanted to thrown it in front of a moving train within 2 months of buying it.  Worst purchase I've ever made and I'm sorry that I didn't return it when I had the chance to. 

0 Likes