Problems with infinite dropped calls?
CindySue63

I don't think this is a device issue anymore as my husband has a different phone but we experience dropped calls ALL THE TIME. I was told it was due to upgrades from 3G to 4G on the Verizon network. We live about a 1/2 mile from a huge cell tower. Does anyone else have this issue with their Droid or other device?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with infinite dropped calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CindySue63, I'm sorry you're having dropped calls. I understand how frustrating it can be to not have full use of your service. What area are you located in? We can check for any reported issues in the area and we can file a trouble-ticket for the area. Do your dropped calls happen inside and outside? ^KH

0 Likes
CindySue63

Most of my dropped calls are occurring inside. We live only about a mile from a cell tower and we are on property that has trees in front and back, but that should not be an issue, I've been told. I am not going to cut down trees. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

0 Likes
CindySue63

As of this past week I am now experiencing dropped calls even outside, in my car, around the vicinity of southern Saratoga County, NY. I'm glad my Droid keeps a record of calls because it will show how frequently I am forced to call people back...sometimes 3 - 4 times just to continue a conversation. Will Verizon give me a credit for all the time I waste making call backs?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information CindySue63!

To ensure we're on the same page, you're having difficulties with many, many dropped calls around the southern Saratoga County, NY area.  It happens both inside and outside in multiple locations.

What we need to determine here is if you're traveling far enough (multiple towers) or if it's still just in one central location (one tower).

If the issues occur on multiple towers then it would actually be equipment related and we would want to focus on a resolution for your equipment.

If it's within a small radius and it's only one tower it could potentially be something out Network Engineers would need to take a peek at!

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
CindySue63

Thanks for the recap defining my problems with dropped calls. Yes, problems are with multiple dropped calls around southern Saratoga County; most specifically in my home and even outdoors near my home. The nearest cell tower is about 1/2 mile from my home, in a field on the corner of Jockey Street and Route 67.

0 Likes