Proximity Sensor
atrenkamp

Yesterday I was in the middle of writing a text message and my screen went black, but the "buttons" at the bottom remained illuminated.  I did several soft resets and the phone turned back on, but I could not use the touch screen to activate the slide lock.  I received a bunch of messages but can't see them since I can't unlock the screen.  I noticed that the proximity sensor was stuck on and after a few hours gave up and tried a factory reset.  After the factory reset the phone is doing the same thing.  It takes munch longer than normal to boot up, and when it finally powers all the way on the proximity sensor at the top left of the Verizon logo is still stuck on, which disables the touch screen.

Any one have any idea of how to fix this?  I saw some posts mentioning bad SIM or SD card on another blog.

0 Likes
Re: Proximity Sensor
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If your proximity Android is going bad, you're going to need a new phone.

0 Likes
Re: Proximity Sensor
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello atrenkamp,  I am so sorry I have been unable to respond sooner as I can imagine the frustration that the screen has caused!  Since the issue has persisted after a factory reset we should begin to review your warranty options.  How long have you had the device?  Has there been any physical or liquid damage to it?  I would love the opportunity to continue working with you to find a solution!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes