QUESTION
Barbaraparm

I Am having a incredible, rustrating time learning the functions of this Incredible 2 phone which in my opinion is NOT so incredible at all!

question....can I link specific songs to my contact people so I know whose calling me? I did that on my iPhone and loved it

0 Likes
Re: QUESTION
budone
Legend

Go to contacts, choose someone, choose edit from menu button. Scroll down the contacts page, about 2/3 down is the option to attach a song or different ringtone to a contact

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes you can assign seperate songs to any contact. best way to learn is to read your owners manual.

with my phone I just open contacts then scroll to whom I want to assign the song to via the edit function.

On my other phone, I simply long press the song and I can set it as a ringtone, or assign to a contact.

like I said the phones have different ways of doing it. Read your owners manual or download from the manufacturers web site.

Good Luck

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Barbaraparm wrote:

I Am having a incredible, rustrating time learning the functions of this Incredible 2 phone which in my opinion is NOT so incredible at all!

Have you tried the support page on Verizon's web site?

DROID INCREDIBLE 2 by HTC in Red Support | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
QUESTION
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes, you can (and if my wife wasn't taking a nap and I could find her phone, I could be more positive of the steps).  The first thing I would recommend (if you have a specific song in mind as opposed to one of the ones that come on the phone) is to put a copy of the song into the Ringtones folder on your SD card (create the folder if it's not there).  If you want, you can use a ringtone trimmer app first to shorten it. 

After this, pull up the contact you want to add the ringtone to and press menu.  If you don't see the option to set a ringtone, select the edit option and press menu again and you will see it there.  You can then pick the ringtone from the list.  If, by chance, you don't see your ringtone on the list, you may have to reboot the phone to force it to rescan your SD card.

Not applicable

Unlike iPhones android phones can use a .mp3, .wma, and other song extension without having to trim. My iPhone has to be trimmed to 30 seconds and it has to be done via tge iTunes interface.

>>Post edited to remove duplicate information posted earlier in the thread<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love the Incredible 2 device Barbaraparm. Its an amazing phone with awesome features. I'm sorry to hear you are  having issues with learning all the cool functionalities. We are here to help you through it all. You can ask us anything about your phone and we will find the answer. Many of us here have your phone or have been able to use it briefly. We can also point you in the right direction for online support. If you continue to have issues, you can also contact us via FaceBook or Twitter @vzwsupport. Please let us know here what questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

No, you don't have to, but I personally can't stand having a full song for a ringtone, so I trim out the part I want.  I was simply stating that this was an option for the OP's benefit.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No need to be defensive I totally understand your answer.

There are a few good online ringtone generating sites. Yes they can be anywhere in the song you then save and it sends to your phone. However I like hearing my saved music song as ringtones. No triming and I have seen friends laugh when a call comes in. One song is the " I m just a gigilo" by David Lee Roth which I always liked. since the song is already on the device no extra space is needed. My iPhone however requires trimming. Its easy to do with iTunes and its 30 seconds but I like tge ease if an android ringtone is used.

To each their own....

0 Likes