Re-install Corporate sync?
DonovanCyn

I made the mistake of allowing the new IT guy to "sync" my personal phone (Droid x) when the office made some changes/upgrades to our Outlook server.  (2 years ago the old IT guy said it was impossible to sync Outlook with an android phone -- and I ended up setting it all up myself.)

He had a devil of a time --- and kept my phone for several hours.  I've been unable to get a comprehensible answer as to what he did to my phone.  I can't see my e-mail on my phone and I keep getting "unable to synch" messages on my phone- yet the Outlook Web app says it is FINE and that the last synch was a few minutes ago.

End result -- he says I either need to wipe my entire phone or buy a new phone because "you operating system is updated" but we can't figure out how to remove the old certificate.

As best I can tell he somehow managed to uninstall the corporate synch app -- it is just GONE from my phone-- and I can't figure out how to reinstall it.

Is there a way to do a fresh reinstall of this feature without doing a full wipe of my phone and losing 2 years worth of files - customization - data etc?

Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Re-install Corporate sync?
B33
Legend

Have a Look at these Instructions they show a little more than Just Corporate Sync but hopefully this will Help b33

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48587/~/droid-x---email-set-up

Back to Previous Page

How do I set up a new email account?

Follow the steps listed below to setup Personal email or Exchange (corporate sync) email accounts.

Note: If you are having problems with your account, it is recommended that you remove the acount and follow the steps below to setup the account again.

Personal Email, POP3 / IMAP4 accounts

To setup email on your DROID X once you have already set-up your handset, follow directions below.  If you are adding an email account during your handset's initial startup, skip down to Set-up accounts menu (Step #3) for same menu.

1. Open Applications tray, select My Accounts  Image
  2. Select Add Account
  3. You will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network icons.
  4. Select Email  "@" icon (or Yahoo / Google icons if setting up Yahoo or Google based accounts)
  5. Enter your full email address, including domain name in all lower case.
  6. Enter your email provider password.
  7. Leave Automatically configure account checked.
  8. Tap on Next. Handset will connect to your email server and state "Success!" if account was set-up correctly.

During the connection, you may be asked to complete a manual set-up if your email provider is not recognized, your email address/password is incorrect, or if your email provider has restrictions on mobile email set-up. Please check with your email provider to obtain any of that detail. You will need your password, login name, POP3 or IMAP port, and server settings to complete a Manual set-up. If you have this information ready, proceed to next section regarding Manual setup. We have listed a chart of manual settings for some POP3/IMAP email providers at the bottom of this FAQ, click here.

• Examples of service providers who will not work with Automatic Set-up are Cox.net, Roadrunner, private domains, Schools, and Go-Daddy accounts.   Use Manual Set-up for those email accounts.

If prompted for manual setup, touch Manual setup. You can also get into manual setup by uncheckingAutomatically configure account after you entered your email address and password.

1. Touch General Settings, confirm information in all General Settings fields are correct. Make any necessary changes, then select OK to exit this menu.
  2. Touch Incoming Server.
  3. Select IMAP or POP3 Mail Server, depending on your email provider's information.
  4. Enter the server name
  5. Enter / Confirm your Username (usually complete email address including the domain name  ie: username@gmail.com)
  6. Enter / Confirm your email Password
  7. If handset is on Android 2.3 Gingerbread release, tap on "Advanced settings" to get to the next fields
  8. Enter you email provider's incoming Port #
  9. Activate check on Use Secure connection based on your email provider's requirements
  10. Modify "Use secure password" according to your email provider's requirements
  11. Modify "Authentication"" according to your email provider's requirements
  12. Activate check on Verify Certificate based on your email provider's requirements
  13. Tap on OK to get out of Advanced settings menu, tap OK again to get to next step
  14. Select Outgoing Server
  15. Enter SMTP server
  16. Enter or just confirm your Username (usually complete email address including the domain name  ie: username@gmail.com)
  17. Enter or just confirm your email account Password if already displayed.
  18. If handset is on Android 2.3 Gingerbread release, tap on "Advanced settings" to get to the next couple fields
  19. Enter you email provider's outgoing Port #
  20. Activate check on Use Secure connection based on your email provider's requirements
  21. Modify "Use secure password" according to your email provider's requirements
  22. Modify "Authentication"" according to your email provider's requirements
  23. Activate check on Verify Certificate based on your email provider's requirements
  24. Tap on OK to get out of Advanced settings menu, tap OK again to get to next step
  25. Tap on Other Settings
  26. Select length of time messages will be kept on handset. (1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, Never Delete Messages)
  27. Tap on OK
  28. (Android 2.3 only) - Check to select "Remove manually deleted emails from the server" if you want to be able to delete emails from the account permanently via the handset. This is normally not a feature for POP3 email. If this is unchecked, when you delete an email on the handset, it will not remove from your PC or other devices.
  29. Tap on OK again to submit your email set-up.

Your account is now set-up.  Please test sending and receiving an email.

• You may need to go back and change security settings (Use secure connection) on the account to send / receive email. If can't send/receive after set-up, uncheck Use secure connection and send another test email.
  • If unable to connect and set-up account, turn off Wi-Fi and try again on 3G only. If already on 3G, turn on Wi-Fi and re-try.
  • If account is set-up but you are not receiving email, click here
  • If account is set-up but you are not able to send email, click here
  • Check Android Marketplace for other email client applications if you need more features for your email client or having issues setting up your email provider.
  • Gmail accounts are not designed to be included in the Messaging Widget and the Universal Inbox. If you want to add Gmail to your Universal Inbox and Messaging widget, you will need to add your Gmail account as a IMAP/POP3 account using the "@" Email icon under My Accounts application. You need to have at least one Gmail account on the handset however, and you can have them in both locations, but this may cause other unwanted behaviors, such as duplicate alert notifications.

CLICK HERE to learn more about customizing personal email settings.Click here if having notification issues with accounts under your Email application.

Corporate Sync, Enterprise, Corporate Exchange Server Email:Notes: Exchange account (Corporate Sync) is for Microsoft® Exchange server work email accounts. Enter details from your IT administrator.To add Corporate Sync / Exchange accounts:

1. Open Applications tray, select My Accounts  Image
  2. Select Add Account
  3. You will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network icons.
  4. Tap on Corporate Sync:

ImageYou will need the below information to setup an Exchange Account on your phone:

• Enter: Domain name\user name
  • Enter Password
  • Use secure server should be checked.
  • Enter Email address
  • Enter Exchange Server Address

5. Tap on Next  to submit settings. Handset will check with server and verify if successful. If screen turns black (based on your display timeout setting), just tap the power button or Back hard key.                     Image

• 6. You will need to review and adjust your exchange settings after set-up to make sure you have the appropriate sync settings to get email. CLICK HERE to learn more about customizing corporate sync / exchange email settings
  • Make sure your email setting for "sync messages" goes back far enough in time to pull email from your corporate account or it will not show up in the inbox.  CLICK HERE to learn more about customizing corporate sync / exchange email settings
    • Select the Corporate Sync account you wish to modify.
    • Your Corporate exchange account settings will be displayed
                     Image   Image
  • Touch inside Username box to change username
  • Touch inside Password box to change password
  • Touch Calendar to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching calendar from this account
  • Touch Contacts to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching contacts from this account
  • Touch Email to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching email from this account
  • Touch inside Email address box to change your email address on this account.
  • Touch inside Server box to change your server location for this account.
  • Touch inside Account name box to change your Account name used on this handset for this account.
  • Touch Use secure connection to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) SSL security for this account
  • Touch Verify Certificate to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) certificate use with this account
  • Click on arrow underneath "Sync messages for" to select how far back you will pull / sync messages from your corporate exchange account. (1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month) - keep in mind if you have messages older than this setting, those email messages will not sync over
  • Select Remove account to remove this Corporate Exchange account from the handset.

• Froyo 2.2 users might receive multiple requests for Pin code set-up for their Exchange account. This can occur even if not requested on server side. To remove this requirement from the handset you can try this workaround:
    1. Remove corporate exchange account.
    2. After removing account, the phone will allow the removing of the pin. Go into Location & security > Set up screen lock in your settings menu and turn off the Pin/Passcode lock (set it to none).
    3. Once the pin is removed then re-add corporate exchange account.
    4. The phone does not request pin code again

.General notes:

• Only Gmail accounts set-up through the Gmail icon on your handset can move email to subfolders ("Label" the email(s) you wish to move according to the folder, then select "Archive").
  • You cannot search or sort email.
  • Android 2.3 devices are now able to change inbox display view.  (Press Menu hard key at email inbox, select "Change view" - View by Date, Conversation threads, Read, or Unread)
  • OWA servers are not the same as Exchange servers, and are intended to be used only in browsers.
  • HTML exchange email is only shown if you are connected to Exchange 2007 server using 2007 protocol
  • EML files (embedded emails) are not currently supported.
  • Photo sync with your corporate exchange contacts is not currently supported
  • Check Android Marketplace for other email client applications if you need more features for your email client or having issues setting up your email provider.
  • Gmail accounts are not designed to be included in the Messaging Widget and theUniversal Inbox. If you want to add Gmail to your Universal Inbox and Messaging widget, you will need to add your Gmail account as a IMAP/POP3 account using the "@" Email icon under My Accounts application. You need to have at least one Gmail account on the handset however, and you can have them in both locations, but this may cause other unwanted behaviors, such as duplicate alert notifications.

CLICK HERE to learn more about customizing corporate sync / exchange email settings

Click here if having notification issues with Corporate Exchange email. Click here if getting provisioning errors after Android 2.3 Gingerbread update.

Some common ISP / Email provider manual settings. Click on ISP name link for more detailed set-up instructions:

POP3/IMAPAccountServerTypeIncoming ServerIncoming PortUsesecureserverVerifyCert.Outgoing ServerOutgoingPortUse secureserverVerifyCert.
Aim.comIMAP4imap.aim.com993 (or 143)YesYessmtp.aim.com465 (or 587)YesYes
aol.comIMAP4imap.aol.com993 (or 143)YesYessmtp.aol.com465 (or 587)YesYes
Aim.comPOP3pop.aim.com995YesYessmtp.aim.com587YesYes
aol.comPOP3pop.aol.com995YesYessmtp.aol.com587YesYes
att.netPOP3pop.att.yahoo.com995YesYessmtp.att.yahoo.com465YesYes
bellsouth.netPOP3pop.att.yahoo.com995YesYessmtp.att.yahoo.com465YesYes
charter.netIMAP4mobile.charter.net993NoNomobile.charter.net587NoNo
charter.netPOP3mail.charterinternet.com110NoNosmtp.charterinternet.com25NoNo
comcast.netPOP3mail.comcast.net995 (or 110)NoNosmtp.comcast.net587NoNo
cox.netPOP3varies by location995 (or 110)YesYesvaries by location587 (or 465)NoNo
earthlink.netPOP3pop.earthlink.net110NoNosmtpauth.earthlink.net587 (or 25)NoNo
excite.comPOP3pop3.excite.com110NoYessmtp.excite.com25 (or 587)NoYes
flash.netPOP3pop.att.yahoo.com995YesYessmtp.att.yahoo.com465YesYes
gmailIMAP4imap.gmail.com993YesYessmtp.gmail.com465YesYes
Go Daddy AccountsPOP3pop.secureserver.net995 (or 110 w/out Secure connection)YesYessmtpout.secureserver.net465 (or 25 w/out Secure connection)YesYes
hotmailPOP3pop3.live.com995YesYessmtp.live.com587NoYes
lycos.comPOP3pop.mail.lycos.com110NoYessmtp.mail.lycos.com25 (or 587)NoYes
macIMAP4mail.mac.com993YesYessmtp.mac.com25 (or 587)NoNo
meIMAP4mail.me.com993YesYessmtp.me.com25 (or 587) NoYes
mindspringPOP3pop.mindspring.com110NoNosmtpauth.earthlink.net587 (or 25)NoNo
msn.comPOP3pop3.live.com995YesYessmtp.live.com587NoYes
netzero.netPOP3pop.netzero.com110NoYesauthsmtp.netzero.com587NoYes
optonlinePOP3mail.optonline.net110NoNomail.optonline.net587NoNo
pacbell.netPOP3pop.att.yahoo.com995YesYessmtp.att.yahoo.com465YesYes
RoadrunnerPOP3varies by location110NoNovaries by location587 (or 25)NoNo
sbcglobal.netPOP3pop.att.yahoo.com995YesYessmtp.att.yahoo.com465YesYes
snet.netPOP3pop.att.yahoo.com995YesYessmtp.att.yahoo.com465YesYes
swbell.netPOP3pop.att.yahoo.com995YesYessmtp.att.yahoo.com465YesYes
verizon.netPOP3incoming.verizon.net110NoYesoutgoing.verizon.net25 (or 587)NoYes
windstream.netPOP3pop.windstream.net110NoNosmtp.windstream.net587YesYes
yahoo.comIMAP4imap.mail.yahoo.com143NoNosmtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com587NoYes

• Emails may reappear according to your POP3 email settings. Use a computer to enable the "Delete from server" option on your email provider settings if using a POP3 service.  Devices updated to Android 2.3 now have option to "Remove manually deleted emails from server" within each email's set-up settings under "Other Settings"
  • For help with receiving email after set-up, click here.
0 Likes