Reception problems
butch68

I have been experiencing reception problems with my phone since day one while sitting at home. I have missed calls but I receive messages and I'm not on the phone. This is 2nd phone I've gotten from Verizon and have had the same problem on both and they were different models. Is anyone else having this problem? I was told that someone was sent out to check reception but they didn't come to my house. I never had this problem with AT&T or Cellular South.

0 Likes
Re: Reception problems
mort78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may be wrong, but it sounds like a tower problem. AT&T has their own towers, Cellular South rents space on other companies towers, and they may be hooked to AT&T towers. I believe there is an apps you can download which will find towers for you and give you the distance/strength. You might want to go into Market and search for "Towers." Good Luck.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

@butch - have you tried updating your PRL ?  e.g.,  dial *228 / option 2 

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

PS - one of the the "Cell Tower & Strength" apps is called OpenSignal  ..  nice free app.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, mortb b and Cody21, for your contributions.

Hello butch68,

I know how important it is to have your phone working properly. I would be glad to assist you with the challenges you’re experiencing but I do need additional information:

Is your phone not ringing or notifying you of the incoming call?

Is this happening in just one particular area/spot inside your home?

Is this happening only inside your home or also outside?

In what zip code(s) is this occurring?

How many bars of signal is your device displaying?

Please provided us with this information so we can further assist.

Thanks,

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
butch68

I have the same opinion to but Verizon doesn't agree. There can't be that much interference in the structure of a brick and wood house and two different cell phones.

0 Likes
butch68

I hope you can offer some insight to these problems.

I was home most of the day on Monday past.  I answered one call in the afternoon and had 6/7 messages on my phone. The phone never rang for these calls. 2 or 3 other people told they had tried to call but didn't leave a message. As I move around the house my phone may have no bars, 1 bar, 2 bars, 3 bars, or 4 bars. It happens inside and outside. I live in 39204 zip code. At the moment I have 1 bar showing. I don't seem to have a problem getting text messages anytime. For the past few weeks I have not been able to download any apps. They start to download but error out no matter where I am.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Did you try any of the suggestions that I provided?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Butch68, Thank you so much for responding to Daisy's post. Regarding your responses to your reception issue I can offer some suggestions to get this resolved. Have we filed a trouble ticket regarding your reception issues? The ticket would be forwarded on to our network engineers who will review the account and issue a resolution. Please DM if you would like me to file a trouble ticket.

Another option would be to do a master reset on the device and retest the reception. Have you taken this measure? If not here are the steps to do so:

From the main screen, touch menu tab

Touch Settings

Touch Privacy

Touch Factory Data reset

Touch Reset Phone

Touch Erase Everything

I am certain that these options will resolve you issue. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes