Red Light On Next to Verizon Logo
tlkelly75

I have a steady Red light on my Incredible 2 next to the Verizon logo. Had this phone over 2 years - never saw this light before, nor can I find ANYWHERE what the heck this means. I've tried resetting. Also, battery is draining very quickly. This came on suddenly.

0 Likes
Red Light On Next to Verizon Logo
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If it's to the left, that is the proximity sensor.  It shouldn't be hanging like that, have you tried rebooting the phone?  You may also want to power down and pull the battery for a few minutes.

0 Likes
Re: Red Light On Next to Verizon Logo
tlkelly75

Thanks for the response. It is to the left of the logo. I have tried hard reset, soft reset, throwing it against the wall (not really) and nothing is working. The phone is warm to touch and battery is draining within minutes. I have uninstalled most of my applications. It's 2 years old - I'm assuming past its prime.  I was hoping there was some suggestions out there I haven't tried yet.  Interestingly, I am upgrade eligible but I don't want the added expense right now. Thanks again.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It makes sense that you would be experiencing more battery drain with a sensor stuck on like that.  Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions to fix it beyond what you have done.  My wife has the same phone and, at one point, I noticed her prox sensor stuck on, but it went off on it's own after a while.  It is only supposed to come on during a phone call, to turn off the screen when the phone is near your face, so you might try making a call and see if that causes it to shut off.  Unfortunately, there is only a two year warranty on devices, but if you pay the extra amount for the extended warranty, you could exchange it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlkelly75, the red light special is not a good sign. This means that your battery is depleted. I recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications in Settings to increase your battery life and improve the performance of your phone. Additionally, you can also delete unwanted text messaging conversations, call logs, and e-mails, as well. Lastly, power your device off to soft reset it. Keep us posted. We're here to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

please read the posts more carefully.  The red light shown is to the left of the Verizon logo, which means it is NOT the notification light indicating a low battery.  That light, on this phone is on the right side, in the speaker grill, and is orange when the battery is low.  The light the OP is referring to is the proximity sensor, which glows red when it is on.  I'm sure we would all appreciate it if you would not respond to threads if you don't know what you are talking about.

tlkelly75

Ok, I've tried deleting apps, unwanted texts, hard resets, soft resets, etc. This is an older phone and older OS, are there any apps out there to help with this?  Please help, Verizon Support. This is the fourth day of this and I'm growing tired...

0 Likes
tlkelly75

Lasina, I've swapped out the battery and it is not the battery. From what I have read, I believe it is the proximity sensor. Is this something that can be fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying all those steps tlkelly75. I know this is frustrating. The hard reset would be the last step towards resolving this issue. Is the phone damaged physically or by water? Is the charging port lose or damaged? Have you tried other chargers and outlets? I recommend taking the phone to a corporate store to have it checked out. They may be able to notice something that you don't see. If you continue to have issues and have insurance, I recommend filing an insurance claim. I would also think about upgrading if you continue to have issues. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_Vzw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

what in the world would the charging port have to do with the proximity sensor?  Not to mention other chargers and outlets?  Like I suggested to please read the OP thoroughly before attempting to answer a question.  The OP clearly states that the light is to the LEFT of the Verizon logo, whereas the notification light (which blinks orange when the battery is low, and is solid orange when the device is charging) is in the speaker grill, to the RIGHT side of the phone.  I also find this disturbing that I have already addressed this and you also make the same incorrect suggestion.