Refund on "like-new"?
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

I got a new X on 8/26. VZW is sending me a "like-new" replacement today. Can I return this replacement within my 30-day window and get a refund if I decide that I don't want to keep the X?

0 Likes
Re: Refund on "like-new"?
Wildman
Legend

Only if its before the original contract date, the 30 day policy is from the time you signed contract not per device date, so your contract can only be cancel within the 30 days from 8-25-2010 which is the date you recieved the original device.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

I am talking about returning the like-new X within my 30-day window, getting a refund, and resetting my new every 2 so I can get something different. Or am I screwed because they are sending me a like-new?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Never really gave thought of that approuch, I am unsure how that would work.... I am assuming it still would follow the date of when you contract was renewed because other words that would be a loop hole to extend original contract agreement.

I guess if I had to answer that I would say that the answer would still be No, because I can not see them allowing you to return the device for refund or credit after the original 30 contract renewal even a replacement device because the original agreement is for the contract.

Dont hold me to this because I am not sure, maybe you can posse question to a CS rep for verification.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

Never really gave thought of that approuch, I am unsure how that would work.... I am assuming it still would follow the date of when you contract was renewed because other words that would be a loop hole to extend original contract agreement.

I guess if I had to answer that I would say that the answer would still be No, because I can not see them allowing you to return the device for refund or credit after the original 30 contract renewal even a replacement device because the original agreement is for the contract.

Dont hold me to this because I am not sure, maybe you can posse question to a CS rep for verification.

My impression of the question is not about contract date or equipment date but rather about being able to return the "like new device" he is receiving.

Yes, you should be able to return the Like new device before 9/26 just the same as you would be able to return your original "new" phone if you had never sent it back for waranty replacement.  be aware there is always a 35.00 restocking fee.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

My impression of the question is not about contract date or equipment date but rather about being able to return the "like new device" he is receiving.

Yes, you should be able to return the Like new device before 9/26 just the same as you would be able to return your original "new" phone if you had never sent it back for waranty replacement.  be aware there is always a 35.00 restocking fee.

I think the one thing you are not getting, he wants to keep device for 30 more days before possibly returning it after already having original for close to a month already.

I investigated this further and contacted CS and I was informed you may be incorrect on this observation unless there is additional information that I do not have.

I was informed that since the phone was originally bought on a contract that had the original device on account for almost a month, the replacement device was issued to replace the device that was originally bought under the original contract date so the time limit date would still be the same as original date as for how long the device can be returned for a full credit or device change.  If they waited another 30 days this would have customer to have the device on the account for almost 2 months that would not allow user to return it for exchange because they would have had exceeded the original 30 day limit.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

I think the one thing you are not getting, he wants to keep device for 30 more days before possibly returning it after already having original for close to a month already.

Funny that i totally read his first post differently than you.  Maybe OP can explain what he meant better.  I still, after rereading his post think he just wants to know if he can send the refurb phone back within his first 30 days of activating the original phone.  I don't see any indication that he wants to extend the original refund policy past the original 30 days. 

Let's gamble a "Kudo" to see who's right.  If you are....Kudo to you.  If I am, Kudo to me?

If we are both wrong....??  kudo to him.

dj.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

djtonic is correct. I got new X on 8/26, and getting like-new tomorrow (9/17). Just wanted to make sure that I can return the like-new by 9/25 and get a refund, and reinstate my new every 2.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

out of curiosity Basspro....why are you returning your X and what do you think you may get instead?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry, my mistake.I appear to have misunderstood the question ....  Also I was wondering why you was considering return it, Droid X is a wonderful device?

0 Likes