Removing a shortcut icon?
PhonyName

I created a shortcut on the home page that I want to remove.  How do I do it?

If my wife sees her phone number as a shortcut I'll be in trouble! :smileysad:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing a shortcut icon?
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

PhonyName wrote:

You probably wouldn't be in as much trouble as you would be if wasn't "HER" phone number. LOL

Press and hold the icon you want to delete, once you get the tactile feedback to let you now it's selected, you can drag it to the trash at the bottom of the screen.  The apps menu pull-up becomes the trash bin when you select an icon to move or delete.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

PhonyName wrote:

You probably wouldn't be in as much trouble as you would be if wasn't "HER" phone number. LOL

Press and hold the icon you want to delete, once you get the tactile feedback to let you now it's selected, you can drag it to the trash at the bottom of the screen.  The apps menu pull-up becomes the trash bin when you select an icon to move or delete.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

if she is not familar with the droid then you could put the shortcut on any of the other home screens.

i currently do the same with my speed dial numbers.  i just flick the home screen to the right and boom goes the dynamite all my speed dial numbers

0 Likes
michaelshk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Forgive me for asking, but HOW do you assign phone # to a shortcut?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

go to your home screen.  press and hold down anywhere on the screen (as long as its not on a previous icon :smileytongue:) there a dialogue box will appear and then press the "shortcuts" option. then choose the "direct dial" option.

your contact list should come up and then find the person you want to shortcut and the shortcut then appears on the home screen.  you can do the same for making a shortcut to text someone instead of calling someone.

0 Likes
michaelshk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank's a million!

0 Likes