Repeated messages that I have to login to my google acount
Baseballmom08

Since the latest upfrade to 4.4 operating suystem I get error notifications several times a day that there was a log in error to my google account and that action is required. I repeatedly log in. It only lasts a few hours. I have tried changing my google password. That worked for about a day. Is anyone else having these problems? Has my account been haked? do I have a virus?

0 Likes
Re: Repeated messages that I have to login to my google acount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Baseballmom08, Lets make sure your device is working as it should. Have your tried to put your device in safe mode to see if the message continues?

0 Likes
John987

I am also having this issue. can you dumb it down and explain how to "put your device in safe mode"?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your google account, John987. As stated that we would want to put your phone into safe mode. Here are the steps to follow http://vz.to/1bxZlcK Please let us know if you have any other problems.

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
estamey21
Enthusiast - Level 2

A software glitch of unknown origin is prohibiting my Droid Ultra from accessing the internet.  I put my phone in safe mode.  I am getting continual "Account Action Required" notifications from Google. I am also getting ceaseless notifications from Motorola that say "Authentication problem: Touch to sign in with Motorola Device ID."  Whenever I try to resolve these issues, the following message pops up:

"Couldn't sign in.  You typed an incorrect password or your account has changed. Re-type your password.  If you forgot your password and need to recover your account click here."

Anything I do fails to resolve the problem.  Sometimes the message pops up unprovoked. As it stands now, I can't do anything on my phone because these notifications interrupt even the basic of tasks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying Safe Mode already, estamey21. I came across some helpful information from a Motorola representative at https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f87270c1de. The message you're receiving is not necessarily your Google account log in. It's tied into Moto services like MotoCare or remote wipe. You can try unlinking your account and relinking it by going to Settings > Motorola Device ID > Menu (the three squares in the top right) and select unlink account. This is a great feature of KitKat and I do hope unlinking and relinking your account cures this trouble. Since this is a function direct from Motorola, you can also reach out to Motorola at http://bit.ly/1kg7nwc.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
jkmasi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same problem too, with my husband's Droid Maxx. Several times a day - especially it seems any time he is going from cell service to wifi, or in and out of service areas while on the road - he gets the "Account action required" and is asked to sign in to his Google account. Of course until he enters his password, his google apps (contacts, calendar, etc) can't sync, and the sync icon under his google account is red. I have tried everything including a factory reset. I have unlinked and relinked his account to the Motorola Device ID, but I am also going to try removing Motorola Device Policy from the Device Administrator permissions. That's the last thing I can do. If that does not stop this extremely annoying error, then I will be contacting customer service and asking for a different phone. It seems that something in the KitKat update is causing this problem, and ruined what was an awesome phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HI jkmasi - Let's get your husbands phone working for him again! Did you get a chance to test the Device Administrator permissions? Is your husband currently using 2-step verification on his Gmail account?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jkmasi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes - removing the Device Administrator permissions did not solve the problem. Once again this morning after he drove through a no service area, he had the error. Tapping the message did not clear the problem, and he was required to enter his Google password again. I drove through the same area with my Moto X and did not experience the problem.

He does not have 2-step verification enabled on his Google/Gmail account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying all of those steps, and I'm sorry to see that your husband is still having this issue. I would suggest contact Motorola's Android support directly at 800-734-5870 for further troubleshooting.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes