Replacing with Droid Inc. 2
Hurricane47

I was wondering if my Droid Incredible was damaged or defected, and nothing could be done to fix it, would verizon replace my Droid Incredible 1 with a Droid Incredible 2? Since the original Inredible has reached its EOL.

I am still under warrenty.

Verizon did that for my dad, when his Blackberry Storm kept having issues, they replaced it with the Storm 2.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacing with Droid Inc. 2
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Hurricane47 wrote:

I was wondering if my Droid Incredible was damaged or defected, and nothing could be done to fix it, would verizon replace my Droid Incredible 1 with a Droid Incredible 2? Since the original Inredible has reached its EOL.

Verizon did that for my dad, when his Blackberry Storm kept having issues, they replaced it with the Storm 2.

Since the Incredible 2 is not considered "of equal value" to the Incredible, they would not replace it with that. The only time they would, is if they took the Incredible out of market.

If you're still in warranty, that means you got the Incredible less than a year ago - which means it's not at it's end of life quite yet. Warranty only covers manufacturer defects anyhow, not any damage. Damage would be covered under insurance if you had it, and will also be replaced by a refurb Incredible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
thebiped

Probably not.  They will probably give you a refurb.  What happened to me when my gps kept crashing.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Hurricane47 wrote:

Since the Incredible 2 is not considered "of equal value" to the Incredible, they would not replace it with that. The only time they would, is if they took the Incredible out of market.

If you're still in warranty, that means you got the Incredible less than a year ago - which means it's not at it's end of life quite yet. Warranty only covers manufacturer defects anyhow, not any damage. Damage would be covered under insurance if you had it, and will also be replaced by a refurb Incredible.

0 Likes
elafranco

Verizon will replace your phone with 3 refurbished Incredible 1's. When you have to resort to a fourth device due to technical problems, they will issue you the Incredible 2. Went through the same thing before

LG EnV>> EnV2>> Voyager

Which is why I bought my Incredible because ^ problems

0 Likes
elafranco

I already spoke with a Verizon rep regarding my own (almost to my 4th device) and they MUST replace the current device with the next SIMILAR or equivilent product, maufactured by the same company (HTC) -- thus being the INC. 2

0 Likes