Retrieve files from Droid X
writerman

My wife just received her new razr maxx hd.  I set it up for her and I did not realize that her SIM card from her old droid x would not be placed in her new razr hd maxx.  Her old phone is not longer active.  Can I retrieve her files for her from her old SIM Droid X card using a data cable attached to my laptop and then uploading them to her new razr?  Is there a better solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Curt

0 Likes
Re: Retrieve files from Droid X
bearone21
Legend

the droid x doesn't have a sim card but does have a micro sd memory card & yes you should be able to use a usb cable with phone in usb notification, "mass memory".

Re: Retrieve files from Droid X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Curt,

Congrats to your wife on the new Razr Maxx HD.  The Droid X does not have a sim card, so I am a bit confused on what you are referring to.  The Droid X did have a slot for a Micro SD card and the Razr Maxx HD does as well.  You will be able to easily transfer the files to the Razr Maxx HD by simply inserting the SD card from the Droid X.

For steps on how to insert and remove the SD card in the Droid Razr Maxx HD, please visit http://vz.to/17hmbrQ.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes