Ringer volume goes up by itself ..Why??
dakotagray

My ringer volume has been going up all by itself lately. I turn it down and it immediately goes back up. sometimes I will hold the down button and it fights me to go up. I dont understand why this is happening out of the blue. Anyone have this problem before or any suggestions? Help please Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Ringer volume goes up by itself ..Why??
dulcepily

I had the same problem, just call if you are still under warranty they can replace your phone at no cost.

Good luck, I know it is frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dakotagray,

I understand how frustrating it can be to have the volume on your phone not working properly and I want to help fix it.

How long have you had this issue? Did you notice this issue after downloading a certain third party app? I suggest placing the phone in safe mode http://bit.ly/vwIViQ. If the issues stops while in safe mode than the issue is being caused by a third party app on the phone. If this is the case you will need to uninstall all third party apps and than reinstall them one at a time to determine which one is causing the issue.

If you still having the issue while in safe mode then the next step would be a hard reset http://bit.ly/vwIViQ. This will reset the phone back to manufacturer settings and erase all data on the phone. Make sure to back up your phone first.

I hope this information is helpful. If you still having issues after the above recommendation please post back for further assistance. If your phone is under warranty we may need to replace the device.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dakotagray

John B,

Thanks for the info but....

The link you sent me the soft reset the phone is for an LG phone and the Incredible 2 from HTC.  Can you send me one for my phone? Thanks!

0 Likes
dakotagray

Thank you for the info, and yes it is still under factory warrenty. But I'm hoping not to have to replace the phone. I have texts I dont want to lose Smiley Sad  But I guess if it comes down to it I won't have a choice.

0 Likes