Ripped off with Droid 1 refurbs
Tim4280

So the subject should throw some flags and maybe ill just get blackholed with this post.... regardless I think this needs to be rectified. When we signed up with Verizon we were low on cash and opted to get 2 of the Droid 1 refurbed units to start out. Since then I passed mine along to my mother in law. The very first night I had my droid 1 it would not charge right and I had to get another battery. Both were fine for about a week and then the BS started in full swing. Since then both phones have had to be constantly rebooted/factory restored, the droid 1 my mother law has completely died and was replaced, and now the replacement died and a ANOTHER one is on the way. Meanwhile we cannot upgrade for a full year yet even though we started our contract in feb of 2012. Since all this started I began researching and found that yet again we have another moto backflip type situation where the hardware is crap and cant possibly support the software. I feel that this is a motorola issue that has been known about for so long that its just a plain rip off that Verizon keeps replacing them. It doesnt matter how many replacements we get... these phones are complete 1st gen junk. Both of them should be replaced with a modern equivalent that will actually last. I dont care about subsidizing phones and contracts and other BS. Its just a plain rip off that we have to suffer with replacing these phones every few months because the mfg and/or service provider will not allow us a more modern phone that doesnt eat crap constantly.

Side Note: i know there are fanboys out there of droid 1s and more power to you. >Comment removed to comply with VZW ToS. Please refrain from name calling<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Ripped off with Droid 1 refurbs
Tidbits
Legend

I would say a lot right now, but I won't. Verizon doesn't sell refurbed Droid 1's. You need to talk to the 3rd party retailer.  Also the D1 is 3 years old now.  Of course it will not get much support.  You bought cheap and got cheap.

0 Likes
Tim4280

Bought cheap and got cheap? Bullshit. Were paying out the ass for service compared to what I had through AT&T and if verizon doesnt sell them then why has verizon been replacing them? Sorry were not rich as hell techno elitist who can afford the iPhone 5 and the SIII on release day.... I just think its crap that they wont replace them with something worth a shit when we just got them at the beginning of this year from an authorized VERIZON retailer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola made the phone well over 2 years ago.  You could have bought any of the more recent devices, but chose to pick a 2 year old refurbished device to save money.  Notice you said "authorized" that means it's a 3rd party retailer...  If you actually BOUGHT it from Verizon it would be a CORPORATE Verizon.  There's a very large difference between the two.  If you actually went to a Corporate Verizon you would have more than likely Gotten a Droid 2 at the lowest, but more than likely a Droid 3 during that time for the price you paid for that Droid.  Spending $50 more could have gotten you an even better device from a Corporate Store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tim4280,

I am glad you were able to save some cash when getting your phones, and I definitely want you to have functioning devices!

It's no fun to have to replace your phones often. Let's try to figure out why the phones are needing replacement in the first place! I would like to understand some common variables.

What are the exact issues you're experiencing?

As you know, when you purchased the devices they would have less memory and a different processor than current devices. This would mean that certain applications may have a negative affect on the device. The application types I would be concerned about would be Task Killers, Antiviruses, or Battery Savers.

Do you have any of these applications on your phones? If so I would highly recommend uninstalling them and rebooting.

Please advise so we can ensure your phones will run as smoothly as possible.
Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate that info, Tim4280! Thanks. I am a big fan of the Droid 1 and loved it when I had it. If still within Motorola's 12 month warranty, we are happy to exchange the device for the same make/model. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for additional assistance.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes