Running apps are KILLING my battery life...
tinag1974
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently, my battery life is horrible!  Every time I check what apps are running, there is a huge list of randoms apps running.  They are everything from apps that I use on a regular basis to apps that I have NEVER used.  I use the Verizon app killer but I'll go back and check a little while later and there are more apps that are running.  How do I stop these apps from randomly running so my battery will last longer???

0 Likes
Re: Running apps are KILLING my battery life...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Stop killing the applications! You are making the issue worse if you are killing the applications and creating a vicious cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tinag1974
Enthusiast - Level 1

How else are you supposed to extended the battery life if there are sooooooo many apps running????  I was told at the Verizon store to kill the apps to help with my battery life....what else should I be doing??

Not applicable

A) turn off background data

B) Turn off auto updating on the apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

@tinag1974,

I definitely feel your pain. I know how frustrating it is to have to always carry a charger to charge your phone. But keep in mind that these Smartphones are always running data and the more Apps you have running will drain the battery life sooner.

As Brian68 suggested you can turn off background data and auto updating on the Apps. Have you considered getting an extended battery? You can also visit http://bit.ly/QvwISL for additional battery life tips.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes