Re: SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem error Help!?!?!
lschult3

This just happened to me tonight out of nowhere.  I had not even shut my phone off and I noticed the error message at the top of the screen.  Verizon "tech support" told me to call SanDisk.  I am going to paste the response from SanDisk.  Apparently Verizon and Motorola are giving us the run around.  It really makes me angry because I lost years of pictures, years of my children's activities.  Seems that they just really aren't too concerned about the things that are most important to us.

SanDisk

Victor Khurana: We understand Motorola's original product
description to Verizon states that they use SanDisk brand retail cards for
Droid X. However, Motorola is including some microSDHC cards from other
manufactures with the Droid X.

Victor Khurana: We
have notified Verizon of this change, however there is still some confusion
regarding this. We recommend that you contact Verizon or Motorola for instance
replacement this card.

Victor Khurana: If you need assistance explaining this to a
Verizon representative, please ask them to contact us while you are with then
and we explain this to them.

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

So, after skimming through these posts I am still wondering if this is an issue with the device or the sd cards?  Does anyone know?

0 Likes
wef

5 pages of this garbage was enough to convince me to create an account and voice my woes.

I am going to try a card reader and see if I can't recover some pics and music. Had wedding and honeymoon pictures on there; don't think I backed anything up. Live and learn I guess.

How about a good old fashioned class action lawsuit for a problem such as large as this?

0 Likes
neubloom434

I just received the dreded SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem notification. I was searching the internet looking for information because I like most of you tried taking out the battery, SD card....etc.

I have not yet contacted Verizon but after reading this discussion I am already fired up. I CANNOT BELIEVE That this is how Verizon treats their customers!

Congrats Verizon for cheating your customers in more ways than one.

0 Likes
CaptainJinchou

I have a Moto Droid X2.  Yesterday my 16GB SanDisk mini-SD card became unusable...poof--music, pictures, everything: gone!  Unreadable, unrecoverable, can't be reformatted. Has it been determined if it's a SanDisk or batwing problem?  This is the worst Motorola phone I have ever owned.  Ridiculously short battery life.  Constantly reboots.  Destroys the mini-SD card.  Makes you want to ditch Android and go iOS (did I just say that out loud?)  😉

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

There is software that supposedly can restore all data.

www.cardrecovery.com/sd-recovery/

On Feb 16, 2012 5:41 PM, "CaptainJinchou" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

If anyone true this software please let it be known the outcome. I myself

used it successful. It may be different considering the different causes.

And I believe there is a recall. I think it is directly through vzw.

On Feb 16, 2012 5:41 PM, "CaptainJinchou" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
CaptainJinchou

I've used two different "recovery" programs...they just sit and spin...couldn't even low-level format the card

0 Likes
VZWnot
Enthusiast - Level 1

DEAR READERS:  PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE FOLLOWING…

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THAT YOUR FLASH CARD IN YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA FAILED...

If the answer to the above question was NEVER, then please read on...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I can tell you for a FACT that this issue is 100% related to the Droid X software update.

PROOF:  Verizon reset my phone over the air and updated the O/S as part of the reset. As soon as they updated it, the flash card became a brick!

Fortunately, I just backed up all of the images and videos from the flash card to my PC prior to the reset so I didn't lose any data. I really empathize with those who have lost irreplaceable pictures and videos of family and friends.

What ticks me off the most? Verizon continues to screw over innocent customers (just Google it… this issue is all over the internet) and they won't even acknowledge that they have a serious problem or tell their customers that the update will wipe out all their data and turn the flash card into a brick...never mind about working with Motorola to fix this horrific bug in the Droid X software update.

HELLO VZW !!!

JUST TELL THE TRUTH.

YOUR DROID X SOFTWARE UPDATE KILLS FLASH CARDS...

BUT HERE'S THE REAL PROBLEM...

THIS ISSUE IS KNOWN IN THE INDUSTRY AS “DATA LOSS”...

AND YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO ADMIT TO THAT... WOULD YOU?...

IT JUST MIGHT COST YOU AND MOTO A BUNDLE IN LEGAL FEES...

AND YOU WOULDN'T WANT THAT WOULD YOU

Tidbits
Legend

Ironically rational people know Motorola is the one who pushes the update to Verizon. Verizon does nothing more than add their standard bloat and then push out the update. If Motorola screws up... Well everyone will blame Verizon for it anyway like you.

0 Likes