SD card corrupted after Incredible reboot
polyphemus39

My Incredible does bad things whenever I turn it off and then back on while it is using external power (both wall adapter and PC usb power)

If I restart it with the SD card in and power connected: the phone will take a long time to boot up, but when it finally does the SD card has been corrupted and will not mount .

If I restart it with power connected and the SD card NOT in: the phone will enter an endless reboot and i have to pull the power and battery.

It's completely reproducible, happens every time. (and yes, i have tried a factory reset already) Is anyone else out there having this problem. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to call Verizon and get it replaced so long as i'm able to remind myself to unplug the phone if i ever need to reboot it. (but to be honest, how often do we ever turn the phone off while it's plugged in)

0 Likes
Re: SD card corrupted after Incredible reboot
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

polyphemus39 wrote:

My Incredible does bad things whenever I turn it off and then back on while it is using external power (both wall adapter and PC usb power)

If I restart it with the SD card in and power connected: the phone will take a long time to boot up, but when it finally does the SD card has been corrupted and will not mount .

If I restart it with power connected and the SD card NOT in: the phone will enter an endless reboot and i have to pull the power and battery.

It's completely reproducible, happens every time. (and yes, i have tried a factory reset already) Is anyone else out there having this problem. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to call Verizon and get it replaced so long as i'm able to remind myself to unplug the phone if i ever need to reboot it. (but to be honest, how often do we ever turn the phone off while it's plugged in)

this function is not the norm. you should not have to perform this function in order to use your phone.  or at least to the best of my recollection it's not a step in any manual.

try using someone elses sd card, that could be corrupted just by itself. if it still persists with the other sd card, then its a hardware problem and should be returned right away.

or try a factory reset. kidding

0 Likes
ted1735

I have had similar problems, but not quite as bad. I have a Sandisk 16gb class 2 and it will work perfectly after a fresh format in the phone. When I power the phone down and back up (only due to the battery recharge issue) it says its corrupted??? I take the card in and out and power up and down to no avail. I have just reformated again and am transferring my files back to the card. USB transfer rates are only 1.5 mbps so 8 gb of data is VERY slow.

0 Likes
ted1735

From the notification drop down I was able to reformat, I copied all of my files the old fashion way via usb using windows explorer and the device is perfect. No problems since last post! So I advice dont use sync applications. I have requested a refund for Tune Sync.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

But what makes you believe that? Your posts didn't include anything about why you think TuneSync was causing you problems (and I doubt that it was).

0 Likes