SD card issues
jitter_bug_2002

Ever since the "update" that my Droid 2 did about a month ago, my SD card is having major issues.  It will randomly just disappear (figuratively) from my phone as in I can't access any of my pictures or any of the apps that are saved on the SD card.  When that happens I have to go to the settings and "unmount" and "remount" the SD card or pull the battery on my phone to make it work right again.  I took it to a Verizon store and told them what was happening and the replaced my phone but the new one is having the exact same issues as the old one.

0 Likes
Re: SD card issues
jitter_bug_2002

Is there not any one that can offer any assistance on how to fix this problem with my phone?

0 Likes
Re: SD card issues
Not applicable

@jitter_bug_2002 Thanks for posting. I have this issue when I have “updated” my phone before. After doing the “update” it seems like a “downgrade” but sometimes with over the air updates (OTA’s) they sometimes install incorrectly. What seems to be driving your issue could be the actual memory card is defective. Since you’ve already replaced the device, have you replaced the SD card? Have you tried putting your SD card in a computer to see if will read the data on the card? Have you tried putting another SD card in your phone to see if your phone will read it? If these measures fail I would capitalize on your 1 year warranty and exchange the card for a working one if in fact the SD card is damaged. I’m sure these steps will help. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes