SD card not being recognized - DROID Charge
JChambers

This error has happened to me too.  Has anyone got a definitive answer as to whether this is a phone ("Charge") issue?   My memory card just stopped working.   When I pull it, use an adapter, and stick it into my laptop I can read it fine.  I've backed up everything on it.   However, if I put it back in it doesn't work.   I've pulled the battery.   It still doesn't work.   I reset my device back to factory settings ("Grrr.. because I lost a lot of apps and customizations"), and it still doesn't recognize the card.   I went out and bought a brand new sd card (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1) and it still doesn't recognize the new one.   

Does anyone have any other options instead of having to buy a new phone?   I like the Samsung Charge, but so many of the apps I use weekly, if not daily, require a memory card even to work.

<Branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: SD card not being recognized
jayjenjeff

This has also happened to me.  I have baby pictures on here that are irreplaceable.  Verizon/Samsung.....suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: SD card not being recognized
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JChambers,  I appreciate you taking so much time and effort to troubleshoot the device!  I apologize for the delayed response.  I would like to take a closer look at your warranty options and work towards a solution.  I have sent you a Follow request.  Please accept and send me back a Direct Message with your account information.  I am eager to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes