Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD card not being recognized - DROID Charge
JChambers

This error has happened to me too.  Has anyone got a definitive answer as to whether this is a phone ("Charge") issue?   My memory card just stopped working.   When I pull it, use an adapter, and stick it into my laptop I can read it fine.  I've backed up everything on it.   However, if I put it back in it doesn't work.   I've pulled the battery.   It still doesn't work.   I reset my device back to factory settings ("Grrr.. because I lost a lot of apps and customizations"), and it still doesn't recognize the card.   I went out and bought a brand new sd card (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1) and it still doesn't recognize the new one.   

Does anyone have any other options instead of having to buy a new phone?   I like the Samsung Charge, but so many of the apps I use weekly, if not daily, require a memory card even to work.

<Branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: SD card not being recognized
jayjenjeff

This has also happened to me.  I have baby pictures on here that are irreplaceable.  Verizon/Samsung.....suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: SD card not being recognized
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello JChambers,  I appreciate you taking so much time and effort to troubleshoot the device!  I apologize for the delayed response.  I would like to take a closer look at your warranty options and work towards a solution.  I have sent you a Follow request.  Please accept and send me back a Direct Message with your account information.  I am eager to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes