SMS/MMS issues with the ICS update?
borovol

I just updated my Bionic to ICS using the OTA update and since doing so, am unable to send or receive MMS messages. Also, when sending SMS messages, they prematurely (before actually reaching character limits) convert to MMS messages and i cannot send those either. Anyone with advice or a fix?

I've already attempted to restart multiple times and data is enabled over the mobile network...HELP.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: SMS/MMS issues with the ICS update?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

have you tried clearing the phone cache?

0 Likes
borovol

Yes i have, but it hasn't solved the problem.

0 Likes
mdferns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also unable to send SMS messages, however I can receive SMS messages and my MMS messages work fine.  I have tried removing the battery/SIM card a few times as well as clearing the cache.  It has been about 28 hours since I installed the update

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Make Sure to Clear the System Cache and after doing that Do a Soft Reset pull the Battery out while phone is on Hold in on power button for 25 sec then re-install the Battery..

0 Likes
kmoore1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I might have a fix. I was unable to send/receive texts using my GOsms app or the stock texting app after the update. I went into Google Play...found the app and updated it. Once that was done, I was back to texting again. I refused to do a hard reset as the guy in the store suggested and so far I'm issue free after updating all my apps.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

good deal

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello borovol,

As a fellow Bionic owner, I know how excited you may have been to receive ICS! After all, ICS is one of the most highly anticipated Android update of the year! May I ask were you able to get the text messaging issue resolved? The community members have given some excellent troubleshooting steps to assist in resolving the issue. Thanks team! If the is not resolved then we may have to do a hard reset on the device, assuming that you haven't done one already. I always suggest verifying that your contacts and calendar entries are backed up to your Gmail or Backup Assistant prior to doing so. Here's a link on how to perform a hard reset on the Bionic.

http://bit.ly/nExWmP

Once you have completed the reset & re-setup the device then please test your text messaging service to ensure that it's working properly. If the issue continues then please advise as we may have to escalate and get the manufacturer involved.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
myverizonphone

I am still having issues with messaging, and do not want to do a hard reset.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

have you done a soft reset and/or cleared the system cache?

are you using the stock text messaging app or one from the Play Store?

0 Likes