SMS acting weird
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has any one else had the problem where if you turn your Droid 2 Global off to clear the memory or just because it was slow when you turn it back on and there is text messages coming in it duplicates or even triples the messages? I have only noticed this when my phone either reboots itself (don't know why it is doing that either) or when I turn it off to reboot it. It is very weird and I have never seen this before with any other phone I have had.

0 Likes
Re: SMS acting weird
x324nd13n1c013

I've had a similar problem with my messages being resent as duplicates. It will do this with every person I text. I haven't had the problem with it rebooting on it's own though. I've had numerous other issues with my keyboard as well.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi rdnkengineer,

Currently there are no known issues reported.  Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? Additionally, Motorola is in the process of developing a software update, which we will communicate with our customers as it becomes available. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,

0 Likes
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I am using the built in SMS software that was on the Motorola phone.  Thanks

0 Likes
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

rdnkengineer wrote:

Has any one else had the problem where if you turn your Droid 2 Global off to clear the memory or just because it was slow when you turn it back on and there is text messages coming in it duplicates or even triples the messages? I have only noticed this when my phone either reboots itself (don't know why it is doing that either) or when I turn it off to reboot it. It is very weird and I have never seen this before with any other phone I have had.

Update 20110725: I have also noticed that I do not get SMS messages, or any at that, at times and when I restart the phone they all come in at once. I discovered this sunday morning, but saw it a couple times before, that I had not recieved any texts from my girlfriend and still wasn't sunday morning, which is unusual when we text till we fall asleep most nights. I restarted my phone sunday morning and suddenly got 10 messages from her and I asked when she sent them and most were sent saturday night.

Any body know how to fix these issues or is it an actual hardware problem with the phone itself?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi rdnkengineer:

The issues definitely sound software related.  If  you only have the stock messaging application on the phone and no other 3rd party applications like Handscent, etc., it's likely that you can fix this problem by clearing the text message app.  Go to settings> applications> manage applications> all> text messaging> clear cache (if available) and clear data.                

If that doesn't work, the software update to Gingerbread will negate the need to do this.

Thanks for posting!                                                                                          

0 Likes
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

MikeS_VZW wrote:

Hi rdnkengineer:

The issues definitely sound software related.  If  you only have the stock messaging application on the phone and no other 3rd party applications like Handscent, etc., it's likely that you can fix this problem by clearing the text message app.  Go to settings> applications> manage applications> all> text messaging> clear cache (if available) and clear data.                

If that doesn't work, the software update to Gingerbread will negate the need to do this.

Thanks for posting!                                                                                          

I just tried clearing the cache and the data and that didn't appear to help. Where can I get or verify if I have the software update to Gingerbread?

Thanks

0 Likes