SO MANY ISSUES!!!!!
dr_whovian

Okay, I got this phone used from a family member. I have had this phone for not even 5 months and it seems like every day I come across a new problem.

First, I had discovered what appeared to be a pressure mark on my screen. This wasn't a big deal since my visibility wasn't affected by this. But it appears to keep getting larger on the screen and it's becoming a concern.

Next, I found that my phone will not stay on when I was away from home or any place with a WiFi connection. If it isn't set to Airplane Mode while I'm away, it will shut off. It will turn back on of course, but it will shut off not even twenty seconds later. This is becoming a HUGE issue and I do not understand why it is happening.

The most recent problem I have encountered is the LOVELY new screen decor! My dog ran into me and I dropped my phone and, when I picked it up, I noticed there was a huge patch of black dots. I have no idea what they are or if they can be taken away.

The amount of difficulties I have had with this Droid X is ridiculous. I went from a Samsung Galaxy S which lasted several years without ONE issue (it was basically indestructible) to this piece of junk that didn't last 2 months without a problem developing. If I could afford to wait until I am due for an upgrade I would. I would love to switch to another Galaxy S (best phone I have ever had) and get rid of this thing.

Is there any type of explanation for the problems I am having? Is there anything I can do to fix them? Can Verizon possibly give me a new one? I need serious help please!!!! I cannot go without a phone and I cannot afford a new one. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: SO MANY ISSUES!!!!!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

dr.whovian wrote:

Okay, I got this phone used from a family member. Was it wiped to factory settings before you received it?  could some of the issues stem from prior settings on the phone? I have had this phone for not even 5 months and it seems like every day I come across a new problem.

First, I had discovered what appeared to be a pressure mark on my screen. This wasn't a big deal since my visibility wasn't affected by this. But it appears to keep getting larger on the screen and it's becoming a concern. That may be physical damage that  can't be corrected...

Next, I found that my phone will not stay on when I was away from home or any place with a WiFi connection. If it isn't set to Airplane Mode while I'm away, it will shut off. It will turn back on of course, but it will shut off not even twenty seconds later. This is becoming a HUGE issue and I do not understand why it is happening.  It's a Motorola - is Smart Actios active?  It may be set to conserve battery power or use minimal data; it powers down if there is no wifi available.  Is it powering down, or simply turning off the screen to conserve battery? 

The most recent problem I have encountered is the LOVELY new screen decor! My dog ran into me and I dropped my phone and, when I picked it up, I noticed there was a huge patch of black dots. I have no idea what they are or if they can be taken away.  Me neither, there may have been some damage when it was dropped.

The amount of difficulties I have had with this Droid X is ridiculous. It sounds like most are due to the previous owner's settings or physical damage before you got the phone (the "pressure mark") or the drop.  I went from a Samsung Galaxy S which lasted several years without ONE issue (it was basically indestructible) to this piece of junk that didn't last 2 months without a problem developing. If I could afford to wait until I am due for an upgrade I would. I would love to switch to another Galaxy S (best phone I have ever had) and get rid of this thing. If you had the Galaxy S for "several years" - you should be due for an upgrade (your line is eligible after 20 months, less than 2 years) - unless you allowed others on your plan to use your upgrade. 

Is there any type of explanation for the problems I am having? Is there anything I can do to fix them? Can Verizon possibly give me a new one? I need serious help please!!!! I cannot go without a phone and I cannot afford a new one. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Verizon is not going to just give you a new phone.  Check out eBay, Craig's list, swappa, and other sources (friends, other family members?) that may have a phone that will work to tide you over.  When are you eligible for an upgrade?

0 Likes