SYNC with Microsoft Outlook
ts87016

Does anyone know if you can sync the DROID Incredible with MS Outlook without doing anything special?  Have you tried it?

If not this product does anyone know a phone that will sync easily with MS Outlook using WIN 7 ?

0 Likes
Re: SYNC with Microsoft Outlook
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am not sure since I don't use it for my HTC phone, but it HTC Sync is supposed to do what you are asking for. You can find it available for download at www.htc.com.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swannyva

Using HTC Sync, software available from the HTC website, you can sync Outlook Contacts and Calendar.  That's all - not mail, tasks, or notes.  It also syncs files.  I've been using it since late December with my Incredible, and what it does, it does well.

John

0 Likes
johnhboyd

I disagree about HTC doing what it does well.  I found over 20 missing contacts from Outlook, and about the same number of contacts that were changed on the phone and then copied back to Outlook as new contacts.  HTC says 'we're working on it'

0 Likes
ccontrol

Just run for your life.  Seriously. 
I bought a Verizon Droid 2 on the same day Verizon released the iPhone earlier this month.  I had carefully read the reviews that gushed about the Droid and they were mostly true, it is a great handset and a worthy replacement for my BB Curve and recent BB Storm 2. 
I took it back to my office intending to sync and move on with my life.  Wrong.  You just can't do it.  I tried every kluge {word filter avoidance} 3rd-Party software "solution" out there and none of them worked properly more than once, some not even once.  Some stopped Outlook.  That's helpful.  I spent 8-10 hours of my life trying to get that phone to work.  I'll never get that time back.  Ever. 
It is unconscionable that a phone sold for business use will not directly sync with Outlook.  Say whatever you want about the future and the cloud, this is now and right now the business world still revolves around a tapered roller bearing from Redmond called Outlook.  I took the Droid back to Verizon and was told I just wasn't doing it right.  I asked the very young man if he had EVER actually synced Outlook to a Droid.  He sheepishly said no and quickly swapped my Droid for n iPhone.  I returned to my office, downloaded and installed iTunes and in a total of 20 minutes my phone was perfectly synced with Outlook, all three email accounts were active, and my Bluetooth was talking to my car.  That is the way it is supposed to be.  Many of us are phone users, not creators of work-around patches.  I don't care about the metallurgy of my hammer, I just want it to pound nails.  Products just need to work so people can get on with what they need to do.

Just venting.

Steve

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

But now you are stuck with iTunes amd tethered forever with your PC. I've used this phone ever since it came out. I sync with exchange, gmail, hotmail, yahoo. Not a single problem.

It is not accurate to characterize a product a {word filter avoidance} based on an individual's experience. iPhone is good, don't get me wrong, but dismissing another product just because YOU could not make it sync is not right either. My two cents.

0 Likes