Samsung Droid Charge -- No 4g or 3g network connection
athleet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've just recently gotten the Samsung Droid Charge and activated my SIM card on it, but for some reason, it will not connect to the 4g or 3g network even when mobile data is on. I know my SIM card works because I can make calls and text, but I cannot browse the internet. I've tried going to settings and enabling mobile networks, turning airplane mode on and off, and even enabling roaming, but nothing seems to be working. I can connect to a WiFi network perfectly fine. It just won't connect to the Verizon network. Is the phone defective or am I not doing something that I should be doing? Thanks for the help.

Re: Samsung Droid Charge -- No 4g or 3g network connection
gjhsmith

I just upgraded to the Droid Charge and I am having the same problem. It shows little or no 3g service ugh. 

If you get answers please let me know

THanks

Gjshsmith

0 Likes
mclovin33

What I did to get it to work was to go into Settings->Wireless & network->Mobile Networks->System Selection and change the setting from "LTE automatic" to CDMA mode.  I know that I will not pick up a 4g signal with this setting, but there isn't 4g at my house anyways, so I would rather have slower data-mode than no data-mode.  As soon as I changed this, I had 3g right away again.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

mclovin33 wrote:

What I did to get it to work was to go into Settings->Wireless & network->Mobile Networks->System Selection and change the setting from "LTE automatic" to CDMA mode.  I know that I will not pick up a 4g signal with this setting, but there isn't 4g at my house anyways, so I would rather have slower data-mode than no data-mode.  As soon as I changed this, I had 3g right away again.

The problem that I and others have is living in a 4G area where the phone needs to switch from 4G to 3G and, as we've found, invariably to 1X too.  If we leave the Charge on CDMA only, then what's the point of getting a 4G phone?  Just today I was in an area where there was supposed to be 4G not far from my house.  We went inside a pizza place to get a slice and bam, I had only a 1X signal and the infamous 'no data' and my wife's Iphone 4 went merrily along.  Of course outside the pizza place I only had a 3G signal, no 4G.  The Verizon maps are meaningless.

Verizon has no answer for this problem as you can see from these boards.  Mums the word.

0 Likes
paperclips

Good luck getting them to do ANYTHING besides have you reset the phone everytime you call in (resetting for me at least makes it work for a good 10 minutes...). It's been like that since the day I got the phone. It's awesome because they're going to keep charging you month after month for this service that you can't even use.

0 Likes
DroidCharge

SAME ISSUE HERE:

Mobile Data ON: Mobile Data ON Picture

Error Message: Error Message Picture

Seems like a common occurance.

I have two phones, Droid Charge and Droid X on two different VZW lines.

The Droid X with no connection issues. 3G service. Accessing all data on my phone (market, apps, websites).

But I look over at my Droid Charge and no 3G, no data connections, market wont work, websites from my phones browser will not work.

But then in a few minutes it comes on. It is like it has a mind of its own.

If there was a fix, an app running in the background?

I took the phone to a Certified VZW Service area and they went into the browser and cleared the cache, cookie, and history. Then like before it started working after a few minutes and the tech was convinced that that was the fix. I am not.

VERIZON? Any information for your customers?

0 Likes
Booch

I've had the same issue as you have mentioned.  I'm paying for monthly data usage, but not really getting it.

So far, Verizon has not been very helpful.  I called Samsung yesterday and they said they were unaware of any of these issues.

Verizon, it is probably time that you make a statement and acknowledge this issue.  I paid $300 for a phone and pay over $100 a month for service and this is how I get treated?

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

DroidCharge wrote:

SAME ISSUE HERE:

Mobile Data ON: Mobile Data ON Picture

Error Message: Error Message Picture

Seems like a common occurance.

I have two phones, Droid Charge and Droid X on two different VZW lines.

The Droid X with no connection issues. 3G service. Accessing all data on my phone (market, apps, websites).

But I look over at my Droid Charge and no 3G, no data connections, market wont work, websites from my phones browser will not work.

But then in a few minutes it comes on. It is like it has a mind of its own.

If there was a fix, an app running in the background?

I took the phone to a Certified VZW Service area and they went into the browser and cleared the cache, cookie, and history. Then like before it started working after a few minutes and the tech was convinced that that was the fix. I am not.

VERIZON? Any information for your customers?

Ah yes, that wonderful little yellow box "no network"...gotta love it.  I'll bet the ranch you won't have a fix from what the tech did, no way no how.  As with every other 'fix', it will be short term, either in minutes or hours.  And if you're looking for help from VZW, I've got a bridge I can sell you.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

Booch wrote:

I've had the same issue as you have mentioned.  I'm paying for monthly data usage, but not really getting it.

So far, Verizon has not been very helpful.  I called Samsung yesterday and they said they were unaware of any of these issues.

Verizon, it is probably time that you make a statement and acknowledge this issue.  I paid $300 for a phone and pay over $100 a month for service and this is how I get treated?

What **bleep** me off more than anything is when tech after tech says "gee, we've never heard of that before".  GIMME A BREAK!  You mean to tell me that none of these techs have the phone, none of the VZW sales people have the phone, only WE have the phone?  Almost anyone that travels with this phone will run into the problem at one time or another.  So for them to tell us they've never heard of the issue is just pure **bleep**.  I think all tech people for all companies are trained on the first day of training: "OK class, repeat after me 'we've never heard of that problem'.

dantivirus

I am literally getting sick of this. I live within a 4G area, never get a 4G signal unless I go to the airport. Joy.

Now since Friday my phone keeps going from no data, 1x data, 3G data. It will not stay on 3G even if I switch it to CDMA only and turn off LTE. Most of the time it's getting no data or 1x, 3G comes and goes. It's not my phone as they have already replaced it once and other Charge users in my area are getting the exact same issue.

What is going on? Tech support has zero clue, Samsung has zero clue. No one in authority seems to have a single clue.

First, I need answers this is simply silly that I cannot get an answer on this issue. Second, why in blazes does your 4G LTE site keep telling me over and over I have 4G LTE coverage at my house and area when I can only pick it up at the airport?

I just want some honest answers from Verizon on these issues please.

0 Likes