Re: Samsung Droid Charge -- No 4g or 3g network connection
kygirl7399

I have had numerous phones, Blackberry, Droid Pro, Droid Charge.. The Droid Charge will not access the browser in a 1x area, I had the Droid Pro and Blackberry Curve in the SAME area.. 1x, could access the internet just fine even though I was not in a 3G area.  All the "data packets" are checked, and yet it will not browse unless I am in a 3G area,. and even then its iffy.   I am at my wits end.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kygirl7399,
I understand your desire to access the web at all times.  Verizon Wireless 4G devices are only backwards compatible 1 generation, therefore, the Charge will only connect to 3G. I suggest ensuring the data roaming setting is on to assist with a 3G connection.  There is no fee associated as long as the device is not connecting to towers outside of the country.  Please follow the visuals here http://bit.ly/LHFNnT to set the data roaming setting and test.  Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.  Thank you.

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
spoltlady

I live in Des Moines, IA and was having the same issue on my HTC Thunderbolt.  I received an email today from a Verizon technician who suggested I perform the steps below.  So, I did and it's been almost an hour now and I've yet to lose my 4G.  Not sure what these steps do, if something with the airplane mode and the roaming gets hung up or what, but it seems to working for the time being anyway.

Enable Data Roaming   

From the main screen touch Menu    

Touch Settings    

Touch Wireless& Networks    

Touch Mobile Networks    

Touch Data Roaming to enable/disable Data Roaming Services   

Toggle Airplane Mode   

From the main screen, press End/Power   

Tap Airplane Mode to disable wireless communications   

Then Repeat

0 Likes