Screen Does Not Recognize Touch
pheebs

I have a Droid 2 and never had a problem w/ it since buying last year.  Today, for the first time I dropped it.  It landed in the parking lot face down.  I have a protective cover and a screen protector.  Nothing is cracked or broke with the case or screen.  Unfortunately, when I press the unlock button, the screen appears but it does not recognize my finger moving across the screen to unlock the phone to use.  My husband called the phone and it went directly to voicemail.  I am receiving text messages although I can't respond.  The only way I can turn it off is to flip open the keyboard and use the arrow keys to "off".  I have removed the battery a couple times but that doesn't work.  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Screen Does Not Recognize Touch
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good evening pheebs,

I know how frustrating it must be for your device not to be working properly. Your device probably experience physical damage when you dropped it. Since any kind of physical/water/moisture damage is not covered by warranty I do recommend you login to My Verizon and check if you have insurance on your device. If you do have your device insured you can contact Asurion and file a claim to have it replaced. If you happen not to have insurance on your device feel free to PM me with your name, mobile number and a brief description of your issue so I can review replacement options for you. Thanks for being part of Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes