Screen difference
Joes152
Enthusiast - Level 2

i recently recieved a replacement (certified like new) device and noticed a screen difference beetween the two phones. Tho original one I bought in december and the certified replacement was originally bought in september( as per verizon). did they update the screen ? has anyone else noticed this ?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen difference
Joes152
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its confirmed the older bionic phones have a different screen (by a verizon rep) wildman once again you are wrong. what a sham take a crummy phone change features play like it never happened! wow! the new screen started appearing around December after a lot of complaints from the old ones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

It might help if you explained what type of differences you noticed..

0 Likes
Joes152
Enthusiast - Level 2

The old model has the screen effect and often looks pixely the new one ( my original phone) does not there is a clear difference

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This article may clear thing up for you....  http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/95735-what-pentile-screens-mean-for-the-droid-bionic-and-other-pho... because Motorola Bionic has a PenTile screens which isnt the best thing..  Unpredictable Quality..

0 Likes
Joes152
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok but why the difference seems one does and one doesent? No cnsistency

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That is exactly the answer, PenTile screens quality can differ from device to device since the way the technology designed....  Since the new device quality is better I am not seeing the concern on your side...  The picture can very depending on software installed or custom settings, I am guessing you haven't wiped the original device, maybe something you have installed may have a graphics interface that isn't optimized.

Without checking both devices it is simply a bit difficult to explain the exact reason for the differences because there is a number of veribles that can make a difference.

0 Likes
Joes152
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its confirmed the older bionic phones have a different screen (by a verizon rep) wildman once again you are wrong. what a sham take a crummy phone change features play like it never happened! wow! the new screen started appearing around December after a lot of complaints from the old ones.

0 Likes
Joes152
Enthusiast - Level 2

there is only one variable and thats happens to be that the screens were changed in december it took a lot of digging but finally got some answers from verizon.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Care to share the link to this information because I haven't seen any post that reported a screen change and by the way you must did not read the post I supplied, PenTile screens are known to have different quality on different devices because the technology is flawed...  If they did replace the screens that is good but i haven't seen the post of the change.

You have your view of why the quality is different and I supplied info to explain this but I dont see you supplying any information before you go and say something it wrong..  As usual a person dont agree so they report they have to be wrong..  Read on this forum that also speaks about the PinTile quality... http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/395355-pentile-screen-really-bad.html

Whatever floats your boat but I just Goggled and did not find one report that stated the screen was replaced..  If I am wrong I will admit to it but under this situation I do not believe your answer is correct but the OP accepted the answer and that all that matters..

0 Likes