Sending message and stuck on "loading" screen
ahooah48444
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have trouble sending messages to a few contacts. This has happened before and somehow fixed itself. The wife has the exact same phone as me, to include updates, and is on the same account. I send her a message and it's stuck on the loading page. When she sends me a message, it can be previewed on the screen when it shows up. I can see it on the SMS/MMS tab on the message screen, but not on the all messages tab. I have deleted her and re-added her, no luck. I have pulled the battery for up to 5 minutes, and no luck. She gets my messages and can send to me. I have textfree installed so I can text over wifi so I don't get roaming charges that shouldn't show up anyway while in Canada, but they show up and Verizon doesn't know why. I could send her text with this app installed with no issues prior and nothing was updated since installation to cause the issue. I can open up textfree and see the messages in there, so it is obviously a Verizon issue. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Sending message and stuck on "loading" screen
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

ahooah48444, I'm sorry your having issues with sending & receiving text messages. I know how frustrating this can be and have researched your issue in more detail. I found some customers have reported this as an issue and performing a hard reset will fix this issue. Lets make sure your phone has the latest software. Here is a link to review information about the software and steps to update the phone.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/htc_incredible.html 

Additionally, if you continue to have issues after updating the phone you will need to perform a hard reset hard reset is a last resort when troubleshooting issues on your device. A hard reset will erase all data and restore preferences to factory default specifications. The link along with steps are below.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=30946 

Hard Reset

1. From the home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower-left).

2. Select Settings.

3. Select SD & phone storage.

4. From the Personal data section, select Factory data reset.

5. Select the appropriate option:
    Reset phone
    Resets the phone
    Reset phone & Internal storage
    Resets the phone and the internal storage
  6. Select Erase everything.

7. Perform initial Activation. 

0 Likes