Sense Weather app problem
timelord
Enthusiast - Level 1

Something is definitely wrong with the htc sense weather app.I've read countless threads about this, with no definitive answer.  It hasn't shown my correct location in 8 months! Every other program finds my location without a problem. All except the stock weather app. Show smy location as New York, yet I live on LI,NY.

Am I the only one with this problem on the forum?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Sense Weather app problem
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning timelord,

The HTC Sense Weather app is easily one of the most popular apps on the device. I love the animation that it provides when you check the weather. There is an issue with the app and the source of the issue is unknown. We are aware of it and it has been reported to HTC for investigation. Although there is not a fix for the app at this time, the best solution would be to shop for another weather app in the Market. Although I am unable to recommend one, I'm sure that you will find the reviews left by other Android owners very beneficial. Once you have decided on an app that you like, please share your thoughts on it on the forums. I'm always interested in what apps our community members like to use.

Thank you...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This is Actually been an on-going issue since the Incredible came out Last year an on mine it kind of corrected itself with Gingerbread but even with the new Os it still at Times has Issues. B33

0 Likes
timelord
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the replies,. Yes it is a shame, I hope they do fix it. I mean it does still give the accurate weather for my area and it still looks great. I just prefer it to give my actual location.  

0 Likes
Saguaro

I've never had a problem with the weather app until recently, now it doesn't work at all, it just says 'No weather data available' and it won't update. 

0 Likes
bcram11
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same error message.  I fixed it by tapping the weather area on the clock.  Then on the next weather screen, did a manual refresh.  It's been working since.   That was just yesterday.   I also know that you must have your Google Location Service turned on for the HTC Clock to work in relation to weather.  

0 Likes