Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Severe hardware woes + very poor customer service = me possibly cancelling service. Pls help.
stevenjcampbell

Anyone ever have just... an Incredibly (no pun intended) bad time with hardware?

Here I am on my 4th device in 13 months.

It started when I allowed a best buy mobile rep talk me into the moto x2.

Phone #1 had a bum USB dock that wouldn't transfer data.

X2 numero dos had a proclivity to stutter all the time...(edited post to comply with VZW Community ToS) that but then the headphone jack comes loose and all is broken.

X2 #3 same as #2 for headphone jack issues.

I fought long and hard and vzw offered me a slew of 4g devices which I chose a droid charge from.

But oops, cannot change a 3g device for a 4g device on warranty so now I get to choose from a myriad of garbage moto phones (wow a droid 3 or original x!) Or an incredible 2.

Now here I am with an incredible 2.

This came after I was offered and early upgrade over Christmas which I said no to, because I was five months invested in my current phone, why should I spend another $200 five months in??

Instead I called retentions and complained loudly and I got a pre owned incredible 2.

This phone has been an absolute dream. Even stock it is faster than than the x2s dual core CPU.

But getting this device in January I was warned that I am still in the moto x2 warranty period ending July 5th.

July 6th my phone started overheating and my screen will not light up with any images,just a dull black which I can still unlock answer etc.

Yeah. Freaking July 6th.

Now it happens just having it in my pocket.when it cools down all is good again...

As a last resort today being out of warranty anyhow I took the phone apart entirely, I took the motherboard assembly off and used compressed air to blow as much as I could behind the heat sync but this is just a broken phone I suppose because after reassembly it still isn't working.

So..long story longer, I went to a corporate store and they tell me I have two options, pay $500+ for a new device or get a second line and change to share everything for $50 more per month...

Or call 611.. which I do.

They tell me that I can pay $500+ or add a line (it'd be an extra $600/year I remind him) and he says sorry.

He can offer me an early upgrade that I'm asking for in March.

I said to him gee thanks, you are not really helping me, the website tells me exactly the same thing. Derrrrr. Dumb.

Basically, i was offered an early upgrade in December by a lackwitted tier 2 tech support agent and now because I didn't have $200 for a phone I knew would be severely updated I am being shaken down for a new handset.

I'm pretty upset to be honest, as I spend over $130/month with these guys and they just won't work with me.

So the conversation ends with me saying that since att has their own 4g where I live and that makes them an option for me, let's do math:

See, previously Verizon was the only service here that worked well. now I hear that att 4g covers here quite well...

$230 to cancel Verizon early

$200 for a brand new phone on att

------

$430

Vs the $569.00 for a galaxy nexus I wanted to get for $99 early upgrade.

Actually less after I get $50-$100 for spare parts on eBay for this incredible 2...

Asinine and no way to do business at all.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Severe hardware woes + very poor customer service = me possibly cancelling service. Pls help.
drunkensellphone

Sounds like you 1) (edited to comply with VZW Community ToS) your phones 2) download an app that is messing up your phone or 3) have a virus in your gmail account. First step would be try logging into your replacement x2 with a new gmail account. cheers!

0 Likes
Re: Severe hardware woes + very poor customer service = me possibly cancelling service. Pls help.
stevenjcampbell

1. (deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS...please keep post family friendly) i do not have a replacement x2. I had THREE DIFFERENT x2's before getting an incredible 2. So now i have an incredible 2, not an x2. Good work on reading though.

2. The incredible 2 is OUT OF WARRANTY. it is now mine to destroy as i please, and (deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS) has nothing to do with faulty hardware.

I AM NOT ASKING FOR A WARRANTY EXCHANGE, AM I? I AM ASKING TO PAY MORE MONEY OUT OF POCKET TO THEM FOR A DEVICE, BUT NOT THE ABSURD $600 THEY WANT FOR A NEW DEVICE.

3. you (deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS...please keep post family friendly) of the basic knowledge of software. a virus in my gmail account. okay. you mean the gmail account that attaches to the phone i would assume. so since a virus in gmail would have nothing to do with overheating, what did you point that out for.

4. you are really going to believe that an app crashes a phone. awesome. how about the fact that resorting the device to stock has the same problems. adding a new gmail account (tried that) has the same problems. having nothing but standard software, has the same problems. the only apps i get are paid for from the play store, and so therefore you really (deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS...please keep post family friendly) ?

Can i have someone (deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS..please keep our post family friendly) reply please?

HOW ABOUT A VERIZON EMPLOYEE? YOU GIVE A CARE ABOUT ME AS A CUSTOMER? NO?

0 Likes
drunkensellphone

LOL! Just thought I'd throw those options out there! My bad for misreading... I recommend paying full retail price if you plan on sticking with Verizon. You don't really have any other options because nobody is moving your upgrade date forward a year. Maybe next time you get a phone you will consider total equipment coverage or at least extended warranty. (deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS....please keep you post family friendly)