Signal being dropped
stepin

I live in Effingham County, Georgia. I have the Droid Incredible 2 by HTC 4G, in the last month my phone has been dropping calls when I get within 5 miles from where I live. I have never had this problem until a month ago. I have called verizon several times about this issue but they keep telling me there is nothing wrong with the towers or my phone. One tech told me to buy a network extender, not sure if it will do any good since calls are losing signal starting 5 miles away from my home. They even told me my service seems to be better than it has before. Is anyone else having this problem and what can be done to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Signal being dropped
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I started having this problem about six months ago on my Incredible 2. All my calls kept cutting out or dropping when I was in my home office. I don't know what the solution is, but I did dial *228 option 2 to update my preferred roaming list (chooses which towers get priority) and it seems to have helped.

I think I will have to a second factory reset soon, too. Ever since the software update last month, I'm having issues with contact pics disappearing and Wi-Fi disconnecting. It's juuuust making it to the 2-year mark!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the 4G LTE model? There is the "DROID Incredible 2 by HTC" (3G/global only smartphone) and the "DROID Incredible 4G LTE by HTC" (4G LTE smartphone). What you wrote in your post for your phone is confusing and contradicting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stepin, let's figure out what's going on with your signal. I'm sad to hear that this issue is ongoing after multiple calls. When you previously called, were you advised a trouble ticket would be submitted? Are there other VZW lines on your account or friends and family in the same area? If this is the Incredible 2, please dial *228 option 2 and reboot your phone. If the Incredible 4G LTE, remove your battery and SIM card for about 30 seconds.

Thank you,

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes