Re: Signal issues with update to 2.3.5
bearone21
Legend

if we could just get the signature back it would help, not really sure why they eliminated it..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i'm not huffin n puffin to Much Ann maybe a just a little <- Smiley Happy  And it would be a little Help Full if the poster that is having the issue would let us know what there exact Device is.. But as you said it could be Worse! Smiley Happy

Happy Moms Day To all Moms out There.. b33  

0 Likes
bkasprowicz

I have been having the same problem with my Droid 3. My phone did an OTA update on Friday and has no signal about 80% of the time since the update. Right after the update I had no signal until the next morning but when I needed to use my phone there was no signal once again.  I strongly believe that this is a bug in the Android OS. My phone says no signal or searching for service but i am still able to receive both calls and texts. I did try to reactivate the phone several times using *22899 but that did not make any difference. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's *228 then Send Option 1 to Reset the Phone:  An Option 2 Will Update the P.R.L  b33

0 Likes
bkasprowicz

*22899 just jumps directly to activating the phone without the options. I will update my roaming and see if that will help. Is there any other droid 3's having this issue?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

New one on me as long as it's good to Go! All is Good b33

0 Likes
bkasprowicz

24 hours after I reactivated and updated the roaming capabilities my phone is still showing no signal.  I have also noticed that I can listen to Slacker and Sirius radio, check the weather with weatherbug, and browse the web while my phone is showing no signal or searching for service. Hopefully its just a bug that will be fixed shortly because I am unable to make outgoing phone calls or text messages.

0 Likes
val245
Enthusiast - Level 2

try checking router settings and the lease time on your LAN --if it is set to "forever" or "infinite" change the lease time to a limited setting like two weeks. This seems to bypass the DHCP setting. There may be a bug in Android. Alternatively some have also tried a static IP, but the first thing worked for me.

0 Likes
bkasprowicz

The issue is the cellular signal itself which I believe is a bug in the new update. I am going to contact Motorola about the problem.

0 Likes
val245
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assumed this was related to WIFI signal loss as mentioned in another thread...I have had no problems with 3G.reception. The fix I mentioned would be for intermittent wireless disconnects.

0 Likes