Re: Slow 3G speeds
RGold60

Hi,

To answer ArnettH questions:

1. Yes, I 'm using DROID X

2. Software version: 4.5.602.MB810 Android version 2.3.3

3. I'm live in zip code 97006.

4. Nothing for signal booster.

5. I'll talk with other people to determine if it's only me having this issue.

Just for the record. There are very short times where the network speed is good.

Thank you for listening.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"97006", sorry i'm not looking it up but wonder, is it a big city or out in the middle of no-where?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Looks like it is a suburb of Portland, Oregon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RGold60

Yes, It's around Portland, Oregon. It's a big area...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Here's a map of your Area just click on the Link: it shows you have all the services including 4G

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST&zip=97006&city=B...

To find coverage maps go Verizons Main paige Make sure you enter your Zip code an then down along the Left hand side Under Explore click on View Coverage Maps an a Map of you Area should appear it'll be Red in Color to See if you have 4G click were it Says 4G coverage an then refresh the Map. :smileyhappy:  B33 

0 Likes
RGold60
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well accouple things that could be..... an accouple things to Try: 

1 Tower Work in the Area if the 4G is new to your area they may be working on the 3G as well because they have to change the ellements on the Tower as the Frequencies are different.

2.Try updating your PRL to see if your singnal has improved this needs to be done at least once a month an usually at the end of the Month an if you still see no difference in signal try a *228 Then 1 if your phone is non LTE.

3.Go to other towers in area an see how the signal is there an i forgot see what the signal is out side your home give that try.

And one other thing to remember there are Companies that Lease there Towers to verizon or Tower space that is were you'll see more than one set of Ellements up on the tower if things arn't payed or if that company decides it want's to lease to some one else say like another cell company or say your local Dot or maybee the local P.D. they might be as what we call up the creek with out the Paddles. :smileyhappy:  an have to move to another Tower or another area. An that has happen in our City.

0 Likes
RGold60

I appreciate your advise, B33, however a simple customer like me doesn't need to worry about taking any actions (like #228 onc a month) to maintain G3 network speed. I pay Verizon for G3 connectivity and they need to provide it with out me making experiments and evaluating which area has fastest G3 speeds...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
In order to update your PRL (Preferred Roaming List), you should dial *228 and option 2 about every couple of months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
draya06
Contributor - Level 1

Rgold60- people are trying to give you advice and trying to help you resolve your issues, yet it sounds like you are refusing to try the things they are suggesting. If that is the case, why are you on here? Are you just wanting to complain?

First you would be amazed at the issues dialing *228 will correct. It takes about 15 seconds, costs you nothing, and could save you some headaches, so why does it present such an issue for you?

Second, I was having some issues with my 3g randomly not connecting for long periods of time, I would have to turn my phone off and back on in order to get off 1x. It would also disappear in the middle of downloading something or opening a web page. How do you lose signal when you are sitting in the same place? This lasted for several months and then slowly improved on it's own.  I learned later that 4G is now available in my area, I'm sure my issues had something to do with that.

If you are not willing to follow the advice you receive here and you are not willing to be patient, then pay your cancellation fee, and go somewhere else. I can almost guarantee your service will not change or improve with someone else.

0 Likes