So Verizon, how about some input on Ice Cream Sandwich for us Bionic Owners??
phildavis516

Hey Verizon, how about some kind of timeline on the Rollout of ICS for Bionic Owners???

0 Likes
Re: So Verizon, how about some input on Ice Cream Sandwich for us Bionic Owners??
Tidbits
Legend

Not going to happen anytime soon...  Here's why...

Google hasn't even finalized where manufacturers should start with their code.  Developer devices are being updated and Google told manufacturers to start with 4.0.3 code(which has not been released yet) and there is a leak 4.0.4 code for the Nexus S.  Galaxy Nexus is at 4.0.2.  So until Google releases the 4.0.3 code at least or possibly 4.0.4 code within the next month or two I wouldn't expect ICS to go to any other device until AFTER Q2.

Re: So Verizon, how about some input on Ice Cream Sandwich for us Bionic Owners??
GoFigure67
Enthusiast - Level 1

How hard can it be to upgrade?  Aren' phones being shipped with ICS already?

0 Likes
RIG

I just saw on the Motorola website yesterday that they will be deploying it to the bionic starting in the third quarter of 2012.

0 Likes
GlobalSteve

When I bought my Bionic in September of last year, the Verizon salesman told me that Ice Cream Sandwich for the Bionic would be available the following month -- October, 2011.  Clearly, I was misled.

How do we deal with uninformed or duplicitous Verizon sales people?

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

GlobalSteve wrote:

When I bought my Bionic in September of last year, the Verizon salesman told me that Ice Cream Sandwich for the Bionic would be available the following month -- October, 2011.  Clearly, I was misled.

How do we deal with uninformed or duplicitous Verizon sales people?

To reduce the impact on you of any sales people -- for any product or service:  As a start, don't believe what they say.

Maybe they're not all liars...maybe they're just ignorant -- but sales people are not a good source of information.  I've been to cell-carrier stores, asked about a phone -- a high-end smartphone -- that they were just about to release, and found store-people who had never even heard of the phone.

Now, I'm not saying that none of what they say is true -- maybe most of it is true.  But unless you know what parts are true and what isn't then none of it can be regarded as reliable.  This goes for non-technical stuff, too.  For example, no matter what a sales person says verbally about their return policy or warranty, the only policy that counts is what's in writing.

That's why I do nearly all my shopping online...yes, websites can lie, too, but at least you've got the misinformation in writing.

The same misinformation warning applies to talking to Customer Service on the phone.  Forums are full of reports of " I called CS and the rep told me blah blah blah, then I called back and a different rep told me a different blah blah blah."  When I've had to interact with Customer Service I always try to do it via e-mail or at least live chat, 'cause usually you can get a written transcript of the chat session.

SO:  Just don't believe what they say and you'll do fine.  Sad, but true. Smiley Sad

It also pays to do a little more personal research on this stuff -- via online blogs like Engadget Mobile, for instance, as well as more Android-specific blogs.  The estimated release of ICS was well-discussed on tech blogs, and it wasn't going to be released in October for any existing phone.

0 Likes