So lost, phone is screwing up.
lynnie219

Alright, my mom has the Motorola Droid. For the past 3 months or so she has been having major problems with it. The first problem was with the phone volume. When shes in call she has a problem hearing the person on the other end loudly. Its very low. I tried turning the phone up as loud as it can go while in call but still its not working. Second problem is the phone is jumping and her apps are being forced to close. It freezes and I took the back out and restarted the phone and the same problems are still happening. I tried closing everything open but I can't get to anything because the screen jumps around. Its like the phone has a mind of its own. Is this a possible virus? Is there anything I can do to get her phone up and working?

0 Likes
Re: So lost, phone is screwing up.
Wildman
Legend

I really dont think its a virus but it does sound like a possible hardware issue...   Have you tried booting in safe mode or even hard reset the device to see if the issue goes away? If the issue is still present then I would say it is a hardware issue and you should contact CS or visit store for solution..

Safe Mode

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=27713

• Press and hold down the Power Key.
  • Select Power Off.
  • Select OK.
  • Slide open the keyboard.
  • Press and hold the menu key, then press and hold the power key.
  • Hold the menu key and power key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  • Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.

If the device works properly, uninstall applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Hard Reset

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=26502

Preferred method

• From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom).
  • Select Settings.
  • Select Privacy.
  • Select Factory data reset.
  • Select Reset phone.
  • Select Erase Everything.
  • Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Alternate Method

• With the device powered off, slide the keyboard open.
  • Press the Power key and the X key simultaneously until the Recovery screen appears.

Note The Recovery screen displays a graphic of an exclamation point within a triangle.

• Press and hold the Volume up key then press the Camerakey.
    Note When the Recovery menu screen appears, release the keys.
  • Using the Volume keys, select Wipe data factory Reset.
  • Press the center of 5-way navigation pad.
  • Using the Volume keys, select Yes -- delete all user data.
  • Using the Volume keys select Reboot system now.
  • Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
0 Likes
lynnie219

I tried the safe mode reboot...But when I try to hit "Power off" the screen starts to jump and it goes into airplane mode. And as far as the hard rest goes, I can't even navigate in the phone to get to the settings due to the screen jumping. My mom is on her way to verizon to see if maybe they can help her. Or atlease see if she can get a replacement phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You have to power the device off and then follow instructions to go into safe mode...

0 Likes
lynnie219

Ohhh okay I get you now. Shes on her way to verizon but in case she can't get another phone or they can't help her, I will keep that in mind to try if it is still messing up. Thanks so much for all your help!

0 Likes