So when do i get my incredible ?
MANNY921

i ordered the incredible thru C.S and they said that it would be here til the 26 of may i ordered it on the 10. Has anyone who ordered it received it ahead of time? Can i get my phone before the 26? or is that date final and you really have to wait?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: So when do i get my incredible ?
quiknss

I preordered my Incredible and it arrived on 29 APR.  I enjoyed the phone initially, it was fast, great feel, and love the android os.  I noticed a few instances within the first week where the phone rebooted and I chalked it up to an os update or something to that nature.

On 10 MAY, I woke up late for work because my alarm, which I use my phone for, had not gone off.  (This is criminal in the military world.)  When I picked up the phone I noticed it was rebooting.  It would reach the Verizon splash screen, pause and then reboot back to the HTC splash screen.  I tried a soft reset with no success.

I called the Verizon tech support and he told me I had downloaded a malicious program (which was not the case) and walked me through the hard reset.  The phone made it to the activation screen and we ended our call as I activated the phone.  Three quarters of the way through the setup, it rebooted again and got stuck in its perpetual loop.  I tried another hard reset with the same results.

I called Verizon tech support once more and she agreed that it was a hardware failure and she would send me another phone before I departed the country on 15 MAY.  I called today to check why phone has not arrived and was informed the Incredible is now on back order.  They will not SHIP me another phone until June. 

Now I'm left traveling with a borrowed phone, all of my contacts lost (my fault, always back up your info), a $550 paperweight, cell service that I can't even use (at $80 a month), and a second phone that I have payed for (another $200) but will not receive until June.

0 Likes
MANNY921

So i keep reading that the incredible isnt a good phone cuz of all the problems with its constant rebooting and that it has connection problems.

should i cancel my oreder and just keep my moto  droid?

0 Likes
volcomkidd911

i think you should wait until you get your incredible and see how well it works before canceling it.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

volcomkidd911 wrote:

i think you should wait until you get your incredible and see how well it works before canceling it.

Agreed. Plus there probably will be updates in the feature to improve the device.

0 Likes
MANNY921
What I don't want is to struggle with the phone cuz I use my phone for everything my alarm my work email and I receive 15 to 20 emails a day and I can't have the phone rebooting all day long . I already read a posts were the phone was rebooting When it should have been sounding the alarm for the Guy to wake up so he was late for work. The phone looks great on paper but I haven't heard anyone with out a problem seems like every incredible has a problem.
0 Likes
volcomkidd911

That is probably because the people with functional droids aren't on the forum. Notice all the thread topics are all negative or people having problems. When someone has a problem or a question about their droid they are going to come here to see if theres a way to fix it. If theres no problem why come here?? you'd rather be on your phone right?

0 Likes
Re: So when do I get my incredible ?
MANNY921

I guess I wouldn't come to the forum if my phone was working,ur right. The thing is my neighbor has an incredible and his has the same problem and when I asked him if he had gone to the forum and posted his situation he said "what forum". So he doesn't know that this forum even exists. I am also wondering if anyone who ordered a phone and was given a later receive date has gotten the phone by now? I odered my incredible on the 10 and was told that I would get it on the 26 its to many days.

0 Likes
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

My guess is you will get your phone whenever they said you would, and you'd be lucky to receive it earlier than you were told.

I have an Incredible and it's awesome! I haven't had any problems so far, and I've had it since release date.

So, good luck with it, I hope it works as well for y'all as it does for me.

0 Likes
volcomkidd911

I ordered mine on the 9th and still no word. I'm hoping to see it ship out on monday or tuesday but theres really no way to tell.

0 Likes