Software Update.
BRiley84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, so early this morning , I wake up to find my phone locked up while doing a software update. Touch screen wasn't working, or anything, I couldn't even turn it off, and still can't. It reads, " Downloading Software from Verizon Wireless.   Description: This software update includes enhancements and improvments to your HTC Incredible 2. See www.verizonwireless.com/incredible2support for details. "  I cant do anything with my phone now. And I need it most of all at this time as I have just applied for a few jobs , and waiting for calls.  The only way that the phone turns off , is if I pull the battery out ,. but ,  as soon as it turns back on , it starts up again with the download ,and then locks up once again.

0 Likes
Re: Software Update.
BRiley84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went down to the Verizon store not long ago , and they just ordered me a replacement.

0 Likes
pokiejo

I've been encountering the same problem today...did they send u a "new" replacement? Or a refurbished one?

0 Likes
BRiley84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Said it was to be a new one that was to be fully up to date. I asked them , "  What if when i get the new one, and hav ethis same issue though? "  they just said , " Well, dont know what to tell you on that one. "

0 Likes
pokiejo

I ended up calling tech support...we did a reset on my phone, which I guess would pretty much have been the same as getting a new phone...It did NOT automatically try to download firmware update and i'm not even going to try until I see something that says bugs have been resolved.

0 Likes
zoomanallen

I had the same freezing problem with the update freezing my phone this morning. I tried turning the airplane mode on just as it started up and that stopped the update from running. After it told me the update failed I turned the airplane mode off and it seems to work fine now. I think I'll take it in to the Verizon store or call customer support later.

0 Likes
BRiley84
Enthusiast - Level 2

SO, . Last night , . late at that , my phone started working again on its own.

BRiley84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guest in the end , . best suggestion is , . just ride it out. You might not have a cell phone thats usable for a day , . but I suppose its better then nothing.

0 Likes
prsmithx

I had a similar issue.  Woke up to phone totally frozen.  Removed battery and restarted it. As soon as it came up it started a download and froze up again.  Removed battery and re-started again.  Checked Software Update status in Settings->Software update and it showed download failed.  I re-started the update download and it froze when the progress indicator showed about 30%.  Tried a couple more time and each time it froze on the download, requiring battery removal to get it started again.

I did a hard reset and after the initial setup did the update which succeeded.  I then restored my contacts, apps and history.

Phone has been behaving since then.

0 Likes
pre86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since that update I have been experiencing periods during which my phone becomes completely unresponsive and I have to pull the battery in order to get it to work again. I think there is something inherently wrong with the update.  It only ever freezes intermittently making it very difficult to show to someone at the Verizon Store but extremely inconvenient when you need to enter important contact information.

0 Likes