Software update, nothing but headaches.....
ShellyeJo

About two weeks ago, I woke up to a message on my phone that said a software update had been downloaded and the phone needed to restart to install. I wish I'd known then what a headache this was going to cause me.

A few days later I noticed that my phone wasn't ringing, my notification sounds weren't playing, and my alarm was going off on the screen but no sound. I always use my phone as my alarm clock, but can't trust it now. I turned my phone off and back on and the problem resolved. It has done it 5 or 6 more times since then. I'm on call for my job every three weeks, and I couldn't trust that my phone was going to ring this past week. Very frustrating.

I've also had an increase in problems making calls and typing text messages. When I try to make a call it acts like it is connecting but I don't hear the phone ring or anything. My husband said it is connecting, and he can hear me, but I can't hear anything. When typing text messages, it will freeze up and I have to exit the message and go back in before it will let me type.

I'm loathe to do a factory reset because of the amount of time it takes to get the phone back to the way I like it. Is this going to be my only option? When I first got my Droid 2, it was replaced twice in the first three months because I had nothing but problems. The 2nd time was a refurbished Droid 2 Global and it has been an OK phone. I've spent so much time dealing with technical issues though that I'm about ready to send Verizon a bill for my time.

I'm not able to upgrade until August, but I can assure you I will never buy another Motorola phone.

Is anyone else having the same problems since the update? Any solutions to the problems I'm having?

0 Likes
Re: Software update, nothing but headaches.....
B33
Legend

@ shellyeJo: Did the phone take the Update with full success!  If so an if you have not performed a Factory Resets on you phone on previous updates i would say it's Time to go thru with one. They can be done at a Corporate Store or over the phone with a C.S.R. but you will need to be on a Second Phone to do the Update over the phone. You will need to back up your Contacts (Google is a good Source)

when performing a F.R. if you have allot of unpaid apps you will want to write them down.  Paid apps will restore when you re-inter your Google Account. But give this a try an see if brings back the performance of your Phone. Good Luck B33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode and see if the device works as needed?   Try follow these steps and if this doesnt help then I would say its time to try a hared reset because issues do have a habit of showing its evil head after a update because of the update process changes and updates files but doesnt delete any personal settings and the old settings sometimes cause issues..

Try booting in Safe Mode and then consider a Hard Rest.

Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button 
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off 
  3. Slide the keyboard open.
    Keyboard Open 
  4. Press the Power button.
    Power button 
  5. Press and hold the OK key.
    Hold the OK key 
  6. Continue to hold the OK key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Safe mode 
  7. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications. 
  8. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device. 
  9. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Another Good suggestion to help fix the Issue: Thank you Wildman.. Shelly i would try Wildman's suggestion first an if it is still giving you the Issues you described then try the Factory Reset as a another alternative. B33

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ShellyeJo,

I see the frustration this is causing you.  B33 & Wildman, both, provided great suggestions and troubleshooting steps.  Please let us know how this worked out for you.  If you still need assistance with your device, after completing these steps, let us know so we can further assist.

Thanks again,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes